Using gnutella, possible?

I'm wondering if it's possible to use autoit to connect to the gnutella network. It seems to be hard to find a (recent) paper on the gnutella protocol and because it's not centralised it's constantly evolving as well. Moreover, is not being able to use multithreading too big of an impairment for autoit to actively use the gnutella network?

Does anyone else have any experience in this and/or is willing to either push me in the right direction or perhaps even team up with me?

Nothing serious really. I thought it might just be a nice challenge, only to find that i have absolutely no clue where to start due to the lack of (recent) papers on the protocol. If you're wondering wether or not ill use this script to move copyrighted material - I won't. There are programs which are far better at this than autoit could become. It's just for my own curiousity...

That being said: Does anyone have any information which could help me?

There is GnucDNA which could work in theory, but I never got it to run. I am not sure if it was my or AutoIt's fault but my guess is that I crashed into this:

Limitations on COM Events in AutoIt

Some Objects (like the 'WebBrowser') pass arguments to their Event Functions 'by reference'. This is intended to allow the user change these arguments and passing it back to the Object. However, AutoIt uses it's own variable scheme, which is not compatible to COM variables. This means that all values from Objects need to be converted into AutoIt variables, thus loosing the reference to the original memory space. Maybe in the near future we can solve this limitation for you !

Edited by AdmiralAlkex