IE.au3 Help

Hey All -

Im using IE.au3 to navigate through a webpage, that I use for work that I have to check every day to see if they have released new files and if they have released new files then I have to download them to a certain directory.

I've figured out how to get through the webpage, and determine if there are new files or not, but when I have it click on the link to download it, IE thinks that the webpage is trying to do an automatic download and it blocks the "File Download" dialog box and instead it does that retarded information bar that MS thinks is so good.

My question: Is there anyway around this? I've search the forum and MSDN without finding anything useful.....

Thank you in advance.

Lurch

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Instead of clicking the link, get the address of it and use InetGet on it.

I just tried that and all I get is the source of the website. This is a government website btw....I'm not entirely sure if they would appreciate me automating it or not but all well.

I did how ever find a workaround that will work...I just created a new IE obj with the download link and i get the download box like i want.

Thanks anyways

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

yeah, i right clicked on the link and did Copy Shortcut and pasted that into the INetGet () and i got the source of the website

Edit: If i use the same link to create a new IE object i get the download box.

Edited by LurchMan

I did how ever find a workaround that will work...I just created a new IE obj with the download link and i get the download box like i want.

Thanks anyways

Edited by LurchMan

The link is probably pointing to a download page which you don't normally see. I use that method for counting downloads. The page linked to increments the count and then starts the download passed to it as a query string.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

yeah, i right clicked on the link and did Copy Shortcut and pasted that into the INetGet () and i got the source of the website

Edit: If i use the same link to create a new IE object i get the download box.

Was a new IE object needed, or would _IENavigate suffice?

Just curious. I see that you found a workaround.

[font="Tahoma"]"Tougher than the toughies and smarter than the smarties"[/font]

Don't know for sure, that was just the first thing I tried and it worked so I didn't look any deeper into it.