Help with script please

The following section of code is supposed to take a user entered value (e.g. 6) and then take that value to create a predefined constant (e.g. $CrntXPLvl = $CL6XP = 9000) and subtract that constant from another constant ($CL10XP in this example) to obtain the remaining XP the character needs. The result I get for TotalXP is the value of the constant $CL10XP (i.e. 32000) and not the difference between $CL10XP and $CrntXPLvl (CL6XP in this example) which should be 23000 (i.e. 32000 - 9000). I'm sure it's the way I'm trying to use the $CrntXPLvl variable but I cannot figure out the correct way to do what I want.

Any help is appreciated.

Dim $CL5XP = 1000, $CL6XP = 9000, $CL7XP = 12000, $CL8XP = 18000, $CL9XP = 24000, $CL10XP = 32000

#include <Misc.au3>

$CrntLvl = String(InputBox( "Current Level", "Enter your current level and click the OK button" ));gets user input for their current level (6 in this example)
$CrntXPLvl = "$CL" & $CrntLvl & "XP";sets $CrntXPLvl equal to $CL<user level>XP, e.g. $CL6XP
MsgBox(0,"","$CrntXPLvl = " & $CrntXPLvl);message box displaying that value for $CrntXPLvl
If $CrntLvl >= 5 And $CrntLvl < 10 Then;check to see if the user entered value falls within the desired range
    $TotalXP = $CL10XP - $CrntXPLvl;calculate the total XP remaining based on the user enter value and the high end level
    MsgBox(0,"Info","Total XP required to move to the next level = " & $TotalXP);message box to display the remaining XP
EndIf

The following section of code is supposed to take a user entered value (e.g. 6) and then take that value to create a predefined constant (e.g. $CrntXPLvl = $CL6XP = 9000) and subtract that constant from another constant ($CL10XP in this example) to obtain the remaining XP the character needs. The result I get for TotalXP is the value of the constant $CL10XP (i.e. 32000) and not the difference between $CL10XP and $CrntXPLvl (CL6XP in this example) which should be 23000 (i.e. 32000 - 9000). I'm sure it's the way I'm trying to use the $CrntXPLvl variable but I cannot figure out the correct way to do what I want.

Any help is appreciated.

Dim $CL5XP = 1000, $CL6XP = 9000, $CL7XP = 12000, $CL8XP = 18000, $CL9XP = 24000, $CL10XP = 32000

#include <Misc.au3>

$CrntLvl = String(InputBox( "Current Level", "Enter your current level and click the OK button" ));gets user input for their current level (6 in this example)
$CrntXPLvl = "$CL" & $CrntLvl & "XP";sets $CrntXPLvl equal to $CL<user level>XP, e.g. $CL6XP
MsgBox(0,"","$CrntXPLvl = " & $CrntXPLvl);message box displaying that value for $CrntXPLvl
If $CrntLvl >= 5 And $CrntLvl < 10 Then;check to see if the user entered value falls within the desired range
    $TotalXP = $CL10XP - $CrntXPLvl;calculate the total XP remaining based on the user enter value and the high end level
    MsgBox(0,"Info","Total XP required to move to the next level = " & $TotalXP);message box to display the remaining XP
EndIf
I think you are trying to reinvent Eval("CL6XP"). Look it up in the help file.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

#include <Misc.au3>

$CrntXPLvl = Eval("CL" & $CrntLvl & "XP");sets $CrntXPLvl equal to $CL<user level>XP, e.g. $CL6XP
EndIf

:)

Edited by Authenticity