How do I acces "javascript links"?

yes looked into them, the pages after the signin page are of an unfamiliar structure to me, i use the functions for getting and selecting objects but they are not matched in the same way as the signin page

You still have not said anything that makes me believe you have tried to understand the console messages and have used them in troubleshooting.

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType // its not finding the name of the object in the code

its ok, i was just interested as to why the functions work on one page and they dont on another, in finding forms and objects by NAME and ID

thanks for the input

Take then in order...

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Warning from function _IELinkClickByText, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

means that there was no link that matched the text you specified. Links are HTML <a> tags

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEFormElementCheckboxSelect, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType

means that the first parameter passed to _IEFormElementCheckboxSelect was not a Form object (it WAS an object or you would have gotten InvaidDataType)

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Warning from function _IEFormGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

means the name you passed was not found

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

means the first parameter was not an object, let alone the righ type of object

--> IE.au3 V2.3-1 Error from function _IEAction, $_IEStatus_InvalidDataType

means the first parameter was not an object, let alone the righ type of object

You are probably being mislead by Frames or iFrames of you have not allowed the page to fully load before you attempt these operations.

Dale

Edited by DaleHohm

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

you are correct, i am allowing the page to load however, i just find it really odd, if you try and navigate a hotmail page after login with autoit using object and form functions you might find some difficulty, im not a greatly experienced programmer, i dont know why my code isnt working using the standard _IEGetFormByName etc,

i did get my work done however but not using the _IE functions like i wanted, just used the window handle and sent keystrokes

neal

Suggest you try

ConsoleWrite(_IEDocReadHTML($oIE) & @CRLF)

prior to the function calls that fail so that you know exatly what you are trying to access.

Dale