accessing control directly and avoiding GUIs

ok so here is my problem:

i have a script that i use to automatically input data from a text file. it gives focus to the program, sends a right click to the control of the window and hits the "a" button to bring up the window to input the data, hits the "ok" button and repeats itself until all data is imputed. however, since this is dealing with visible controls i cant click anywhere or do other things until the script is done. i tried using _WinAPI_ShowWindow and WinSetState but all that does it make it flash more, since the window is continually being brought up. is there a way to access the control i need without going through the menus and input the data, basically avoiding all the built in GUIs of the program so i can continue to work while the data is imputed behind the scenes?

If you can't doing it using ControlSetText and ControlClick, you're probably out of luck since it's a third-party-program...

is there at least a way to bring it up without having to go through the menus to get to it?

Look at WinMenuSelectItem()

i saw that but didnt think thats what i was looking for. but on second look i think that might work. but what if the menu is only a right-click menu?

Edited by bobbintb