_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect problem

Can anyone suggest an obviously wrong line of code?

Global $Image_handle        ; Handle of the captured bitmap image
Global $Xpos, $Ypos, $Width, $Height; The area in which to draw a rectangle

Func CaptureImage()

; Capture the image
    $Image_handle = _ScreenCapture_Capture("", $region_topx_absolute, $region_topy_absolute,    $region_bottomx_absolute, $region_bottomy_absolute, False)
; Save the image as a file
    _ScreenCapture_SaveImage($Image_currentfile, $Image_handle)
; Display it on screen
    RefreshImage()

EndFunc

Func RefreshImage()

; Destroy and recreate the image control
    GUICtrlDelete($Mwin_imagebox)
    $Mwin_imagebox = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 10, 10, 0, 0)

; Refresh the image from the bitmap file
    GUICtrlSetPos($Mwin_imagebox, $Mwin_imagebox_xposition, $Mwin_imagebox_yposition)
    GUICtrlSetImage($Mwin_imagebox, $Image_currentfile)

; Draw a rectangle in a certain position
    RefreshRectangle()

EndFunc

Func RefreshRectangle()

Local $bitmap, $graphics

; Initialize GDI+ library
    _GDIPlus_Startup ()

; Draw the rectangle
    $bitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($Image_handle)
    $graphics = _GDIPlus_ImageGetGraphicsContext($bitmap)

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect($graphics, $Xpos, $Ypos, $Width, $Height)

; Shut down GDI+ library
    _GDIPlus_ShutDown ()

EndFunc

JScrape_3.au3

Edited by annelinn

Can anyone suggest an obviously wrong line of code?

Global $Image_handle     ; Handle of the captured bitmap image
   Global $Xpos, $Ypos, $Width, $Height; The area in which to draw a rectangle

Func CaptureImage()

; Capture the image
       $Image_handle = _ScreenCapture_Capture("", $region_topx_absolute, $region_topy_absolute,  $region_bottomx_absolute, $region_bottomy_absolute, False)
; Save the image as a file
       _ScreenCapture_SaveImage($Image_currentfile, $Image_handle)
; Display it on screen
       RefreshImage()

EndFunc

Func RefreshImage()

; Destroy and recreate the image control
       GUICtrlDelete($Mwin_imagebox)
       $Mwin_imagebox = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 10, 10, 0, 0)

; Refresh the image from the bitmap file
       GUICtrlSetPos($Mwin_imagebox, $Mwin_imagebox_xposition, $Mwin_imagebox_yposition)
       GUICtrlSetImage($Mwin_imagebox, $Image_currentfile)

; Draw a rectangle in a certain position
       RefreshRectangle()

EndFunc

Func RefreshRectangle()

Local $bitmap, $graphics

; Initialize GDI+ library
       _GDIPlus_Startup ()

; Draw the rectangle

; Shut down GDI+ library
       _GDIPlus_ShutDown ()

EndFunc
It would be much better if you posted some code which we could actually run.

You are drawing on the bitmap which is just an area in memory so you won't see anything. You need to replace these 2 lines

with

$graphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($Gui)

where $Gui is the gui you are drawing in. Or if you are drawing in a control then instead of $Gui use

ControlGetHandle($Gui,"",$ControlID)

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thanks! I assume you mean this:

$graphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND(ControlGetHandle($Mwin_handle, "" ,$Mwin_imagebox))

...where $Mwin_handle is the handle of the GUI window, and $Mwin_imagebox is the control ID of the picture control.

I still don't see the rectangle!

It would be much better if you posted some code which we could actually run.

Did you miss the attachment at the bottom of the original post? Here it is again:

JScrape_3.au3

Thanks! I assume you mean this:

$graphics = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND(ControlGetHandle($Mwin_handle, "" ,$Mwin_imagebox))

...where $Mwin_handle is the handle of the GUI window, and $Mwin_imagebox is the control ID of the picture control.

I still don't see the rectangle!

Yes, tghat's what I meant.

Did you miss the attachment at the bottom of the original post? Here it is again:

I suppose I did. Actually, it was worse than that. I saw it and assumed it was a repeat of what you posted. Apologies; I will pay for my error by looking at you code now :) Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

check if ControlGetHandle($Mwin_handle, "" ,$Mwin_imagebox) returns a valid handle or an error

I have checked, both are valid. (I think there's a MsgBox() call commented out somewhere in the code.)

NB Latest version with better comments below. The rectangle is supposed to appear after the "scrape text" operation is complete

JScrape_v0_4.au3

JScrape_UserGuide.txt

Edited by annelinn

I have checked, both are valid. (I think there's a MsgBox() call commented out somewhere in the code.)

NB Latest version with better comments below. The rectangle is supposed to appear after the "scrape text" operation is complete

I had a look again and didn't get very far. Trying to draw on a pic doesn't work I'm afraid, though drawing on a graphic does.

I tried using a label and it works in a way but perhaps the styles need different. Using the style $SS_BLACKFRAME gives a rectangle and a label has the advantage that you can resize and move it and it is redrawn automatically.

EDIT: Attachment removed because I remembered how to draw on a Pic, see next post.

JScrape_v0_4.au3

Edited by martin

This is how you can draw on the image.

#Region ***********draw a red rectangle over the image
   $hPic = GUICtrlGetHandle($Mwin_imagebox)
   _GDIPlus_Startup()
   $hGraphic = _GDIPlus_GraphicsCreateFromHWND($hPic)
   $hPen = _GDIPlus_PenCreate(0xffff0000, 3);red, 3pixels wide

_GDIPlus_GraphicsDrawRect($hGraphic, 20, 20, 40, 40, $hPen)
   _GDIPlus_PenDispose($hPen)
   _GDIPlus_GraphicsDispose($hGraphic)
   _GDIPlus_Shutdown()

#EndRegion ***********draw a red rectangle over the image

But it has to be redrawn every time the windiow needs to be repainted so labels might be easier in the end.

But it has to be redrawn every time the windiow needs to be repainted so labels might be easier in the end.

Actually, I love the previous label solution, and the largish frame is just what I wanted. Thanks, Martin, many times over.

JScrape_v1_0.zip

Edited by annelinn

Actually, I love the previous label solution, and the largish frame is just what I wanted. Thanks, Martin, many times over.

NP, there's no acounting for people's taste :)

If you want to draw over the pic and make it part of the pic so that it doesn't need to be repainted then this example by Malkey will be helpful.

mgrefMalkeyPic1

Edited by martin

Have a look on the GDI+ examples -> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87200 and check #07 Visualization: Analog Meter

I used 2 PNG images and drew a needle on it. You can save it easily because it is double buffered (check the posts).

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Have a look on the GDI+ examples -> http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=87200 and check #07 Visualization: Analog Meter

I used 2 PNG images and drew a needle on it. You can save it easily because it is double buffered (check the posts).

UEZ

Yes, I know that one and I saved it in my examples a long time ago. It's excellent UEZ.