ANYGUI.au3

quaizywabbit

I'm not thinking this is a noob script...I get an error when I try to run it...Just tell me to back off if this is way out of my league because I'm not even really sure what this script is for, just looked fun.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you need to "#include <ANYGUI.au3>" (assuming you put it in your AutoIt Include directory) in whatever script you're making, and call functions in it to embed child windows or controls into an existing window or control(or alter Styles/exstyles of existing windows or controls)

it won't do anything by itself.......

Edited by quaizywabbit
[u]Do more with pre-existing apps![/u]ANYGUIv2.8

• 3 weeks later...

any examples of what this does, what it is, or how to use it?

if so, maybe some instruction should be in the first post or at least in the zip file?

may keep noobs like me from asking.

is it supposed to have a syntax error?

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\ANYGUI.au3(332,70) : ERROR: GUICtrlCreateGraphic(): undefined function.

$a[1] = GUICtrlCreateGraphic ($PosX, $PosY, $SizeX, $SizeY, $style)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

Edited by random667

It is really sad to see a family torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

It is fair criticism, but there are examples in this post... start at the end and work backwards to find them. Also see the post just prior to yours... this is not a script you execute stand-alone, but you must include it in another and calls its functions.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

It is fair criticism, but there are examples in this post... start at the end and work backwards to find them.  Also see the post just prior to yours... this is not a script you execute stand-alone, but you must include it in another and calls its functions.

Dale

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

right you are, i should have known to read this whole thread from back to front. :(

ok, i put it in C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include (wish i knew to put it there from the start)

i added this into to my script:

#include <ANYGUI.au3>
_TargetaddButton("WTF?","10","10","120","120","","","Edit1")

and i still get the same syntax error:

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ANYGUI.au3(332,70) : ERROR: GUICtrlCreateGraphic(): undefined function.

$a[0] = GUICtrlCreateGraphic ($PosX, $PosY, $SizeX, $SizeY, $style)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

what am i missing now?

no, i am not reading this whole thread from back to front due to lack of instructions.

not to be rude but i have spent enough time trying to figure out how to use this, that i have forgot what the original problem with my script was that brought me here in the first place.

It is really sad to see a family torn apart by something as simple as a pack of wolves.

do you have the latest 'release' version?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep

dowloaded it yesterday

and

my autoit is version 3.1.1

i tryed it om my pc at home and the one at work

newest versions on both machines

i even tryed updating to the beta 3.1.1.39

but i still get the same error

Edited by random667

Beware that the beta installer does not replace the default instance of AutoIt. If you've installed one of the SciTe updates you can use Alt-F5 instead of F5 to execute the beta code.

I usually stick the floowing line at the top of my code to be sure I don't screw this up:

ConsoleWrite("AutoIt Version --> " & @AutoItVersion & @CR)

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

i tryed the zip and the installer

this is what i get when i do the beta run in SciTe:

>Running: (3.1.1.39):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\test.au3"

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ANYGUI.au3 (153) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:

$a[2] = _TargetaddChild($text, $PosX, $PosY, $SizeX, $SizeY, $TargethWnd)

$a[2] = _TargetaddChild($text, $PosX, $PosY, $SizeX, $SizeY, ^ ERROR

and i still get the same error as before when i do the syntax check.

Edited by random667

i tryed the zip and the installer

this is what i get when i do the beta run in SciTe:

>Running: (3.1.1.39):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\test.au3" 

C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\ANYGUI.au3 (153) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:

$a[2] = _TargetaddChild($text, $PosX, $PosY, $SizeX, $SizeY, $TargethWnd)

$a[2] = _TargetaddChild($text, $PosX, $PosY, $SizeX, $SizeY, ^ ERROR

and i still get the same error as before when i do the syntax check.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The following example works for me, although Au3Check reports an problem with the GUI create graphic command you mentioned befow... continue anyway and all is well:

AnyGUI Calc example

Will it work for you?

If you are seeing the same thing I am, the syntax errors are comming from Au3Check and it is because it hasn't been updated to understand all of the new functions in the latest betas.

If you get runtime syntax errors you don't want to ignore those...

Dale

• 1 month later...

18 July, 2005: Version 2.1

added _TargetaddMonthCal

_TargetaddObj

for ease of use by the production release( so Au3syntaxchecker doesn't throw errors), I commented out:

_TargetaddGraphic

_TargetaddMonthCal

_TargetaddObj

download from first post in this thread....

Edited by quaizywabbit

18 July, 2005: Version 2.1

added  _TargetaddMonthCal

_TargetaddObj

for ease of use by the production release( so Au3syntaxchecker doesn't throw errors), I commented out:

_TargetaddGraphic

_TargetaddMonthCal

_TargetaddObj

download from first post in this thread....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QW, you are crazy for ANYGUI! :D BTW, I notice back in May you posted v2.1 but might I add that since you are using the same version that you add a third digit to you release version, say 2.1.1? I know it is knitpicky but what the hell it was something to type. :evil:

But wonderful work I must say.. I wish others who start project would keep their's going like you have.. :)

Cheer.. :D

BTW, I notice back in May you posted v2.1 but might I add that since you are using the same version that you add a third digit to you release version, say 2.1.1?

Actually the May version was 2.0 (i hadn't versioned it prior to that)

Not much changes frequently as far as ANYGUI goes, so any future additions would be 2.2, 2.3, etc...

Thanks for the compliment!!

• 3 weeks later...

3 Aug, 2005: Version 2.2

Fixed (Thanks to: Valik and Nutster) _TargetSetStyle() "Remove" to properly remove flag bits and,

added a Bool parameter (1 = yes, 0[default] = no) whether to Update the window/control before returning. ( this is for multiple calls that involve "Add", "Remove", or Both, to prevent flickering. just set to 1(yes) at last call to update.)

example:

_TargetSetStyle("Remove", 0, $WS_SIZEBOX, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $MainWin);no update
_TargetSetStyle("Add", 1, $WS_POPUPWINDOW,-1, $MainWin); does update

Those wishing to utilize _TargetSetStyle() should download this from first post...

EDIT: This is also valid(for multiple styles or exstyles)>

_TargetSetStyle("Remove", 1, BitOr($WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_SYSMENU, $WS_CAPTION), $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $MainWin); does update
Edited by quaizywabbit