Need Decent Explantion On @Comspec

@ComSpec

value of %comspec%, the SPECified secondary COMmand interpreter;

primarly for command line uses, e.g. Run(@ComSpec & " /k help | more")

Hmm... this is so wrong. Maybe this.

AutoIt has an number of Macros that are special read-only variables used by AutoIt. Macros start with the @ character instead of the usual $ so are easy to tell apart. As with normal variables you can use macros in expressions but you cannot assign a value to them.

The pre-defined macros are generally used to provide easy access to system information like the location of the Windows directory, or the name of the logged on user.

AutoIt syntax for what? Edited by system24
[center]It's a question of mind over matter, if I don't mind, it doesn't matter.[/center]

I know what ComSpec is, i need the autoit syntax, jeez.

Yes you know because you have put @COMSPEC in the title to this thread, so why are you asking?

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

pretty sure hes asking on how to use @comspec in a run () statement such as from the help file:

To run DOS (console) commands, try Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'commandName', "", @SW_HIDE) ; don't forget " " before "/c"

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

Then they should read up on the command line switches the command line interpreter supports, and not the @ComSpec macro. :)

that would be the most logical thing to do wouldnt it?

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.

explanation on comspec <contact your enemy, google> that u know about comspec,

comspec on autoit

@ComSpec      

value of %comspec%, the Specified secondary Command interpreter;
primarily for command line uses, e.g.  Run(@ComSpec & " /k help | more")

so now, having this here, probably the title needs to be changed to reflect the actual requirement.

i would say the title should have read

need a detailed illustration of comspec usage / application

further, google may too much, but forum search is good enough, i would think

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=88370