Process Information

Ok let's say i run "Engine.exe" and it renames itself "svchost.exe"

After Compiling it with Scite Editor. i can use the Wrapper and set the Description.

so in Task Manager is appears as "<executable> <username> <proc description>"

Example "svchost.exe Jesse Host Process For Windows Services"

the problem is NO svchost.exe runs without being either a Local Service,Network Service or System.

the "Host Process For Windows Services" i set in the Wrapper as the programs description. How would i be able to change the User Name? from Jesse to Local Service for example to completely mask the executable.?

First of all, why on earth would you want to do this? Sounds very suspicious.

And no, you cannot change what the username the process is launched under, except launching it under another user.

Because i'm running my own game Server that my client can connect to.

However one server box just gather's up all my cached images and system information.

The other engine that runs along side it uses this executale one would be under my username "Jesse" for example

and the other one i want to show up as Network Service, because it's to be started up with my pc to keep my server up 24/7,allowing me to use the one engine that i start to act as a remote control for my settings.Also i need it to show up on all the username and accounts for my pc not just my username.

It will "show up" on any other user as well - assuming that you're referring to the task manager, by having the "show processes for all users" box ticked.

But if this is for a server, then there's really no need to "mask" it - as you adequately put it, is there?

Only way (that I know of) for something to show up on all users process list otherwise, would be to register it as a service, and for that, there's a search feature. :)

Edited by FreeFry