help using WinMenuSelectItem() on right-click menu

ok ive got WinMenuSelectItem() figured out now but what i was wondering is if there is a way to use it on a menu that is only available by right-clicking. i dont think there is but wasnt gonna give up until someone else confirms this.

you could use Send ("{APPSKEY}") or controlsend it to the control you want to right click.

MDiesel

yea thats what ive been doing. i just wanted to avoid that because the code repeats this process numerous times, resulting in a series of annoying, epileptic flashes. i used the autoitmacrogenerator, which tells me autoit supports no popup menus so im thinking im out of luck.

ok, ive got a list of data in a text file. the script loads the info into an array, brings up the menu in the program to add the data. the window pops up, the script enters the data and clicks "ok". then it repeats until all data is entered. ive been trying to get it to do eveything in the background but have been unsuccessful so far. right now the two problems are that the menu is a pop-up so i have to send shift+f10 instead of WinMenuSelectItem. so it does flash up, albeit briefly. the other is the window appearing and disappearing. when i WinSetState i can get rid of it, but because the process repeats so quickly, all that does is make me have to hide it everytime, making the window flash more rapidly.

Edited by bobbintb