Click on Text in window

Ok, after looking over the help files and searching for hours on the form, I am now at the point of asking for help. I have read several threads where people need the ability to click on certain text in a window. Looks like there has not been a solution to this problem. Ha anyone come up with a solution that does not require mouse movements and coordinates to used. I am creating a script that will be used in a production enviroment to do some performance benchmarks and will have to very carefull that I am clicking on the correct text. If any one can point me in the right direction, I would appreaciate it.

Thanks for the responce but I have tried controlCLick and it needs to use cordinates. The text could be anywhere on the screen, I would not know the cords. As this is text the image selection would not work unless I create an image for all the text that I would be looking for.

Here is example (from helpfile) how to enumerate all windows.

You can accomodate it to enumerate also controls inside windows and test its text.

; Create callback function
$handle = DLLCallbackRegister ("_EnumWindowsProc", "int", "hwnd;lparam")     

; Call EnumWindows
DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "EnumWindows", "ptr", DllCallbackGetPtr($handle), "lparam", 10)

; Delete callback function
DllCallbackFree($handle)

; Callback Procedure
Func _EnumWindowsProc($hWnd, $lParam)
    If WinGetTitle($hWnd) <> "" And BitAnd(WinGetState($hWnd), 2) Then
       $res = MsgBox(1, WinGetTitle($hWnd), "$hWnd=" & $hWnd & @CRLF & "lParam=" & $lParam & @CRLF & "$hWnd(type)=" & VarGetType($hWnd))
       If $res = 2 Then Return 0  ; Cancel clicked, return 0 to stop enumeration
    EndIf
    Return 1   ; Return 1 to continue enumeration
EndFunc

Thanks for the help, but I do not have any problems finding windows or manipulating controls, the problem is clicking on specific text on 3rd party controls. The control I am working against is a grid with columns and rows. The problem is that it is not recognized as a table but one big object. Hence I cannot select a roe or column. For this reason I need to select specific text. See the attached image for example of the application. I would need to select a patient name in order to click on the buttons on the left, or to do any thing else with that patient. As this is to be used in production when a customer has problems It has to be accurate on the patient is working on.

post-46274-1242765848_thumb.jpg

Edited by ODell

It's not a matter of a language, this task is too difficult. Maybe you can send keystrokes ? Like, if there is a search box, you can "type" in there the exact patient number and then there will be only one field to click ?

Or that program you're using has some plugin support or can accept commandline parameters ?

Any of the "OFF THE SHELF TEST TOOLS" can do a Text Select and click the text in the window, so I know that it can be done. Might have to create my own DLL to do this.

Edited by ODell