Get Scite to run 64bit version

Just wanna know if there's a special command to run the 64 bit version when pressing F5 from Scite....haven't been able to figure it out yet...thanks!

BTW, if I right click on a script and click "Run Script" it runs under the 64 bit version....basically looking for that same functionality within Scite....

Edited by redfive19

• Developers

I don't have a 64bit machine, but would think it works the same way?

Couple of questions:

- what is the file name you try to run?

- What appears in the SciTE output pane when you hit F5?

- Is this the SciTE that comes with AutoIt3 or the extra installer?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The filename I'm tyring to run is PEBuild.au3. Scite runs the script however it runs the x86 version - I have

MsgBox(0, '', @AutoItX64)

@AutoItX64 equals 0 when running from Scite and 1 when right clicking the script and clicking Run Script (NOT the x86). I've tried running

DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection", "int", 1)

as per the help file, at the top of the script, but that doesn't work. This is the version of Scite that I downloaded from the AutoIt website. I believe it's running the tools from x86 installation of AutoIt and not the x64 version. Right clicking the script and clicking Run Script calls the 64 bit version of AutoIt.

.....thanks for your help.

Edited by redfive19

Just wanna know if there's a special command to run the 64 bit version when pressing F5 from Scite....haven't been able to figure it out yet...thanks!

BTW, if I right click on a script and click "Run Script" it runs under the 64 bit version....basically looking for that same functionality within Scite....

From the help file AutoIt\Using AutoIt\Running under Windows 64-bit Edition:

AutoIt has traditionally been a 32-bit application. With the 3.2.10.0 release native x64 versions of some components have been added, including:

AutoIt (AutoIt3_x64.exe)

Aut2Exe (Aut2Exe_x64.exe)

Au3Info (Au3Info_x64.exe)

AutoItX (AutoItX3_x64.dll)

During installation, if found to be running on x64 you will be given the choice to install and configure the x64 versions. These versions are fully x64 compatible, however, some scripts that use DllCall/DllStruct with custom structures may use values that break 64-bit compatibility (such as using 32-bit integers for pointers). This includes some of the UDFs supplied with AutoIt as they have not all been tested under x64.

You can run the x86 version of AutoIt by right-clicking a script and selecting "Run Script (x86)".

If you suspect that a script is not working correctly under x64 but it works under x86 then please report a bug.

To see if you are running under a 64-Bit Edition of Windows use @OSArch macro. To see if you are using the 32 or 64-bit version of AutoIt use @AutoItX64.

You can test with:
If @AutoItX64 Then
     MsgBox(64, "64-bit", "Running 64-bit AutoIt.")
Else
     MsgBox(16, "32-bit", "Not running 64-bit AutoIt.")
EndIf

If you really are getting 64-bit from right-click context, but not from ScitTE, then it sounds like the file association was created in the registry, but SciTE doesn't see it somehow.

Edit: Oops. I see you already found that.

I have a 64-bit Win7RC1 box to try it on. I'll post the results.

:party:

Edited by PsaltyDS
Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

The filename I'm tyring to run is PEBuild.au3. Scite runs the script however it runs the x86 version - I have

MsgBox(0, '', @AutoItX64)

@AutoItX64 equals 0 when running from Scite and 1 when right clicking the script and clicking Run Script (NOT the x86). I've tried running

DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "Wow64DisableWow64FsRedirection", "int", 1)

as per the help file, at the top of the script, but that doesn't work. This is the version of Scite that I downloaded from the AutoIt website. I believe it's running the tools from x86 installation of AutoIt and not the x64 version. Right clicking the script and clicking Run Script calls the 64 bit version of AutoIt.

.....thanks for your help.

Could you try the latest AutoIt3Wrapper in the BETA directory?

I think I fixed some registry check error for x64 a while ago.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Could you try the latest AutoIt3Wrapper in the BETA directory?

I think I fixed some registry check error for x64 a while ago.

Jos

What's the path to that, Jos? I wanted to try that with Win7RC1, but I don't see an AutoIt3Wrapper in www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

What's the path to that, Jos? I wanted to try that with Win7RC1, but I don't see an AutoIt3Wrapper in www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/.

The SciTE4AutoIt3 stuff has its own directories including a beta directory listed at the bottom of the downloads page:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/..._SciTE4AutoIt3/ :party:

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The SciTE4AutoIt3 stuff has its own directories including a beta directory listed at the bottom of the downloads page:

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/..._SciTE4AutoIt3/ :idea:

Doh! :party:

Should have thought of that... :)

that seems to have worked, thank you :party:

Same symptoms, same fix for me on Win7RC1 64-bit.

So, Jos, this will be packaged with a SciTE4AutoIt3 update when AutoIt 3.3.1.0 Beta comes out soon?

Hmm...?

• Developers

Same symptoms, same fix for me on Win7RC1 64-bit.

So, Jos, this will be packaged with a SciTE4AutoIt3 update when AutoIt 3.3.1.0 Beta comes out soon?

Hmm...?

Sure.... soon, as always service with a smile. :party:

Actually have been merging our SciTE version with thesource as released by Neil recently (v1.78) and am removing ANSI support from the SciTE4AutoIt3 package.

Just don't have too much time to work on it lately and on weekday don't always feel like spending time on it.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.