Latest Beta

Jon

Mine or yours?

Mine. I thought of it the day I wrote AScopedLock but then I thought, "fuck it, the way its written now is fine, no sense making that a reference". Famous last words, I guess. Its fixed now.

This may seem like a stupid question but, since that's my favorite catagory, I'll ask anyway.

When a new release comes out, does Aut2Exe.exe change or just the AutoItSC.bin file?

Don't worry, there is a reason for asking.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

This may seem like a stupid question but, since that's my favorite catagory, I'll ask anyway.

When a new release comes out, does Aut2Exe.exe change or just the AutoItSC.bin file?

Don't worry, there is a reason for asking.

Aut2Exe changes very rarely. AutoItSC.bin is just a slightly different version of AutoIt3.exe.

Aut2Exe changes very rarely. AutoItSC.bin is just a slightly different version of AutoIt3.exe.

Thanks Valik. That's the info I needed.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

• Administrators

AutoIt v3.3.3.1 (Beta) Released:

AutoIt:

- Added #682: Removed the 64KB limitation for FileReadLine()

- Fixed: Crash when using Stdio redirection.

- Removed: InetGet("abort"), @InetGetActive and @InetGetBytesRead have been removed.

- Removed: AdlibEnable() and AdlibDisable() have been removed.

- Removed: OnAutoItStart and OnAutoItExit have been removed.

UDFs:

- Fixed #1389: _IEAttach() could fail if called multiple times.

The following changes are script breaking changes:

AutoIt:

• The raw reading mode for FileOpen() has been removed.
  • InetGet("abort"), @InetGetActive and @InetGetBytesRead have been removed. The following list shows the new functions used to access the old behavior:
    • InetGet("abort") - Calling the new InetClose() function with a handle returned from InetGet() will abort a download.
    • @InetGetActive - Calling the new InetGetInfo() function with no parameters returns a count of active downloads.
    • @InetGetBytesRead - Calling the new InetGetInfo() function with a handle returned from InetGet()will return the bytes read (and more) for a download.
  • AdlibEnable() and AdlibDisable() have been removed. See the new functions AdlibRegister() and AdlibUnRegister().
  • OnAutoItStart() has been removed. See the new pre-processor statement #OnAutoItStartRegister.
  • OnAutoItExit() has been removed. See the new functions OnAutoItExitRegister() and OnAutoItExitUnregister().

Discuss the beta here.

Report issues here.

Download here.

Edited by Valik

I'm going to mention this since Jon didn't: Please test the ever-loving fuck out of the file functions: FileOpen(), FileClose(), FileRead(), FileReadLine(), FileWrite(), FileWriteLine(), FileGetPos(), FileSetPos() and FileFlush(). A lot of change has gone into those and we need to make sure they haven't regressed.

• Administrators

Although be aware that while I'm messing about with FileRead limits and UTF/BOM issues that Aut2Exe has been changing each beta (the file read/write code is shared between Aut2Exe and AutoIt).

Although be aware that while I'm messing about with FileRead limits and UTF/BOM issues that Aut2Exe has been changing each beta (the file read/write code is shared between Aut2Exe and AutoIt).

Thanks Jon

George

• Administrators

AutoIt v3.3.3.2 (Beta) Released:

AutoIt:

- Added: FileRead() returns the number of characters/bytes read in @extended.

- Added: AutoIt scripts using the line continuation character "_" are no longer limited to a combined line length of 4095 characters.

- Fixed #1392: Crash with OnAutoItExitRegister().

- Fixed #1396: Crash in DllCallbackGetPtr() with invalid handle.

- Fixed #1352: StringSplit() hard crash with binary data.

UDFs:

- Changed: _SQLite 3.6.21 -> 3.6.22

The following changes are script breaking changes:

AutoIt:

• The raw reading mode for FileOpen() has been removed.
  • InetGet("abort"), @InetGetActive and @InetGetBytesRead have been removed. The following list shows the new functions used to access the old behavior:
    • InetGet("abort") - Calling the new InetClose() function with a handle returned from InetGet() will abort a download.
    • @InetGetActive - Calling the new InetGetInfo() function with no parameters returns a count of active downloads.
    • @InetGetBytesRead - Calling the new InetGetInfo() function with a handle returned from InetGet()will return the bytes read (and more) for a download.
  • AdlibEnable() and AdlibDisable() have been removed. See the new functions AdlibRegister() and AdlibUnRegister().
  • OnAutoItStart() has been removed. See the new pre-processor statement #OnAutoItStartRegister.
  • OnAutoItExit() has been removed. See the new functions OnAutoItExitRegister() and OnAutoItExitUnregister().

Discuss the beta here.

Report issues here.

Download here.

Can someone enlighten me as to why opening files in RAW mode has been removed?

It was a handy way to capture input from a CUI compiled script by opening "con" in raw mode

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79275&st=0&p=571658&#entry571658 ;)

It was a handy way to capture input from a CUI compiled script by opening "con" in raw mode

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=79275&st=0&p=571658&#entry571658 ;)

That can still be done using WinApi as Valik demonstrated here. He didn't actually show reading of the console, but said it could be done using a similar method.

• Administrators

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index....owtopic=79275&st=0&p=571658&#entry571658 Posted Image

I rewrote much of the File interface and I've never seen any real-world use of the function. Its implemenation also didn't sit well with the rest of the code (a bit of a hack to be honest) and I didn't have an example of what it was even supposed to do to test! If you can't get the same results with a UDF workaround then let me know (quickly) and I'll consider trying to readd it.

I rewrote much of the File interface and I've never seen any real-word use of the function. Its implemenation also didn't sit well with the rest of the code (a bit of a hack to be honest) and I didn't have an example of what it was even supposed to do to test!  If you can't get the same results with a UDF workaround then let me know (quickly) and I'll consider trying to readd it.

If he finds out UDF (WinAPI) workaround then it could be added into Autoit helpfile as some simple example for RAW reading by using Win32 API (UDF).

It could be for example mentioned in heklpfile for FileRead() that there exists example in _WinAPI_CreateFile() or _WinAPI_ReadFile() UDF helpfile section for that missing RAW reading.

Edited by Zedna