Latest Beta

Jon

I have no doubt the developers have their reasons for keeping the full "SQLite.dll.au3" out of the Beta release, but could someone enlighten me as to why?

It should have never been in there to begin with. As useful as a databse is... most people do not need them. Of that subset of users who do need a database SQL may or may not be their first choice.

For developers:

This major change is not documented in changelog.

I think it should be added there and also to "Script Breaking Changes in Recent Versions"

Noted. I'll ensure it's mentioned.

Anyway, I don't agree with trancexx's reason for opposing an automatic download. My reason is far more simple: If a user needs to download a 3rd-party tool they need to download it and bundle it with their application. Automatic downloading is going to encourage lazy programming and cause us more bandwidth usage. There's also the ignorance factor. Imagine if somebody deploys a script to 100,000 machines in their company without bundling the DLL with the script because they didn't realize AutoIt was silently downloading the file just-in-time. You've now generated a ton of traffic to our site which could have been prevented by requiring the user to manually download the DLL and bundle it.

Edited by Valik
Re-arranged slightly and fixed a typo.

HI,

Looks like the most recent AutoIt beta 'v3.3.7.23' has a problem with IE UDF. Below code worked fine with production version 'v3.3.6.1' but doesnt work with the beta. Problem looks to be wtih IETagNameGetCollection method. I get below error. Can somebody please take a look.

Error --

--> IE.au3 V2.4-0 Error from function _IETagNameGetCollection, $_IEStatus_InvalidObjectType

C:Documents and Settingsp2zoDesktopLHUSTestScriptLHUSPRPCScreens.au3 (233) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

For $oTableColumn In $oTableColumns

For $oTableColumn In $oTableColumns^ ERROR

Code --

; Click on the specified tab

Func _RATabClick(ByRef $oIE, $sTabToClick)

$oTabContainer = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "Tab2")

$oTableColumns = _IETagNameGetCollection($oTabContainer, "td")

For $oTableColumn In $oTableColumns

$oTableColumnText = _IEPropertyGet($oTableColumn, "outertext")

If StringInStr($oTableColumnText, $sTabToClick) Then

_IEAction($oTableColumn, "click")

_IELoadWait($oIE)

ExitLoop

EndIf

Next

EndFunc ;==>_RATabClick

RE: previous post... @sadaphvi made it clear in another post that they are not correcting testing with the beta. I have asked them to retest properly and then update this reply and any others as appropriate.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Sorry, I'm a beginner with AutoIt and I'm not sure if the problem is on my side. I'm using the Beta because _IEAction wasn't working for my script. However I now semirandomly get an Error. It does not always happen at the same time or place, however it always happens the first few minutes of running the script.

Line 585 (File "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Beta\Include\IE.au3"):

WEnd
WEnd^ ERROR

Error: The requested action with this object has failed.

This is the relevent code. The error only comes up while processing this loop.

For $i = $aEntries[0] To 1 Step -1
        $aEntry = IniReadSection("Whitelist.ini", $aEntries[$i])
        $nAmount = 20
        _IENavigate($oIE, $sURL & $aEntry[2][1])
        $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 1)
        $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm, 0)
        _IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, $nAmount)
        _IEFormSubmit($oForm)
        $oForm = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 1)
        _IEFormSubmit($oForm)
Next

autoit-v3.3.7.23-beta-setup.exe 12-Dec-2011 23:50 6.6M

This download file is incomplete or corrupted !

Whats up with that?

You would be incorrect. First, simple logic says the download is not corrupt, otherwise others would have reported it since it's been out for 5 days. Second, a quick check of the size would show that it is consistent with other beta release.