New SciTE4AutoIt3 available with SciTE v1.78

Jos

• Developers

Hi Jos

Scite(4autoit) mistakes lines that end with a variables that ends with a underscore '_' for a multiple line token.

Possible making scites folding misbehave, if next line contains a folding related command.

example:

for ...

$var1 += $_var2_

next

mvg

The Folding code still contained the test for just the Underscore in stead of Space+Underscore.

Uploaded a new Beta version of SciLexer.dll to the Download directory that fixes this.

Thanks

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

Jos, speaking of new versions, when are you going to roll out 1.79? Or at least commit the source code to the repository?

Committed the merged source... give it a spin when you have some time left between all other stuff going on. :)

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'll try to remember to build it later before I use SciTE again.

Edit: Are you sure you committed everything? I can't believe revision 4830 contains all the changes. Where's the new indent word-wrap feature, for example?

Edited by Valik

• Developers

Do you mean SCI_SETWRAPINDENTMODE/"wrap.indent.mode=1" ?

This returns doing a search in the committed source:

\trunk\scite4AutoIt3\scintilla\src\Editor.cxx:7019: case SCI_SETWRAPINDENTMODE:
\trunk\scite4AutoIt3\Scite\src\IFaceTable.cxx:1805: {"SCI_SETWRAPINDENTMODE",2472},
\trunk\scite4AutoIt3\Scite\src\SciTEProps.cxx:1017:     SendEditor(SCI_SETWRAPINDENTMODE, props.GetInt("wrap.indent.mode"));

I haven't updated the SciTEGlobal.properties yet with anything new as I still need to review what needs updating for the next release.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Jos, you merged the wrong source. You've merged the current CVS version, not 1.79. The code you merged is unstable and is pretty broken at the moment. I just made a mess of my working copy to copy over the proper 1.79 stuff and compiled and everything works fine.

• Developers

Jos, you merged the wrong source. You've merged the current CVS version, not 1.79. The code you merged is unstable and is pretty broken at the moment. I just made a mess of my working copy to copy over the proper 1.79 stuff and compiled and everything works fine.

I will have a look this evening to get rid of the differences since the release.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Committed the updates from the merge with the proper v 1.79 source.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• 1 month later...

of course.

odd, looks to me that print() is failing to adhere to your describe behavior.

Or maybe you just don't know what's happening? It was rather obvious to me. There *is* a difference between print("abc") and an error message. Namely, the error message has syntax highlighting. I can easily throw OnUpdateUI() into an infinite loop by calling print(">1 abc") which the errorlist lexer colors. The print() function itself may not trigger OnUpdateUI() at all. But the syntax coloring code likely does.

How about you just let somebody who knows what they are doing fix the issue instead of being so stubborn and insistent that you do it? This is an absurdly trivial issue and you're making some big deal carrying the discussion across two separate locations. Trying to provide Jos with patches to my code that I will not accept into my code is only going to make his life more difficult.

First mistake with your code:

-- (+1) eliminates a other scrollbar tugging issue when [horizontal.scroll.width.tracking] is active.
If you're using that option or any other scripts that affect the scrollbar, you're barking up the wrong tree. The code is written and designed for that option to be disabled. So, I'm not sure why you mention that option at all. In other words, AutoHScroll is intentionally incompatible with that feature of SciTE (since it does the same thing, only better).

Second problem, it's not at all clear where to insert those lines. I think they go in at a couple different places but you are sacrificing clarity for the sake of brevity. The biggest problem this causes is I can't tell you specifically why your code is flawed because I can't run it (and I don't care to play a guessing game trying to figure out where I'm supposed to put it).

Third problem, you just flat out ignored how I said to do it. I truly despise it when people ignore me when I tell them how to work on my own code. Do you honestly think you know more about my code than I do? And people say I have an ego...

Anyway, this looks like rubbish. Maybe if you'd just drop the subject and stop annoying me with this incessant discussion on it I might actually fix it. Fat lot of good it's going to do you, though, as Jos isn't going to be around for several weeks and I doubt very seriously he wants to come back from a vacation and immediately issue an emergency release of SciTE4AutoIt3 just to fix possibly the most inconsequential quirk of all time.

• 4 weeks later...

I see MvGulik decided to delete his posts from this thread. I was going to attach a new version of AutoHScroll.lua that contains a fix for the issue he described, however, since he has chose to be a douchebag and deleted his posts, he can wait. Long story short, I was growing annoyed with the another facet of AutoHScroll and looked at a fixing the issue I had. It was a similar issue, but not quite exactly what MvGulik described. In the process of fixing my issue I inadvertently fixed his issue as well. And it was fixed in a complete different way than described or discussed.

Maybe in the future MvGulik, you'll be less of a prick to me and maybe I'll share my code with you for testing, which is the original reason I came here to make this post. Also, maybe in the future you'll have a little courtesy and come to me first and tell me about an issue rather than thinking you can fix it yourself. I get the impression by your attitude and behavior that you dislike me or otherwise wish to avoid contact with me. An attitude which has clearly back-fired in your face the entire time given that I was the only one to respond to your emails on the SciTE list, I'm the only one who commented here, I'm the one who fixed the issue and I'm the one who controls when you'll ever get to see it.

Edit: In fact, I just rewrote the class from scratch simplifying it a great deal, improving the performance and fixing all the issues I've encountered. I think there's something to be said about letting the original author work on their own code when they are available, don't you?

Edited by Valik

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks heaps your hard work, I use SciTE a lot, not just for AutoIt. I esp like Tidy, so handy thanks Jos.

Question - is it possible to change the order of the tabs, drag them round like you can do in FireFox? I looked in the properties and could not find anything.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Yes Valik I did. I appears the order the files open in is the way they stay, dragging with the mouse alone or using the ctrl, alt or shift keys does nothing.

Before you ask about versions - I downloaded the latest version from http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/downloads.shtml (1-6-2009). About says Version 1.78 - May 21 2009 20:37:14.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]