GUICtrlCreatePic from DLL

eJan

I'd like to use several *.bmp's included in DLL (to use just one file install option) and set them into GUI as GUICtrlCreatePic or something like.Another thing i'm interested is it possible to extract data from same DLL (created with Resource Builder) and install into chosen location.As I'm not familiar with DLL's any suggestion is appreciated.dll_bmp.rar

I don't know about DLLs, but here's an alternative that involves two file installs:

- the free unzip.exe utility

- a zip archive of your files

Attachment contains sample AutoIt script, a zip of your images, and unzip.exe

Example.zip

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

Is there some (free?) program out there that will let me compile bmp's, ico's, etc. into a dll file of some sort so that I could just FileInstall that to use with my GUI? I did a quick Google for "Resource Builder" but it's shareware and $99US to buy. The zip idea is okay, but I don't like leaving files all over the place, making sure I have to clean them up after, etc. If I could just place one .dll and then delete that when I'm done, I think it would be really cool.

Is there some (free?) program out there that will let me compile bmp's, ico's, etc. into a dll file of some sort so that I could just FileInstall that to use with my GUI? I did a quick Google for "Resource Builder" but it's shareware and $99US to buy. The zip idea is okay, but I don't like leaving files all over the place, making sure I have to clean them up after, etc. If I could just place one .dll and then delete that when I'm done, I think it would be really cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, it's possible to use a ICL-file for storing ICOs and I guess you can have some big ICOs

in a ICL for use as a picture. Maybe not with big pictures though, but anyway..

Saunders, thats the point i'd like to do, downloaded RB from Protools site 1 year ago, but what sense - i don't understood how to call resources from compiled .dll's. Edited by eJan

Yeah I'm using an .icl with one of my programs right now. But you can put avi's and bmp's and all kinds of stuff in dll's it seems. Currently I'm just using a random tiny .dll I grabbed from my system32 directory. I just add resources to it using Resource Hacker.

*Edit: Actually nevermind. I just realized that I can't use bmp's embedded in a dll. I thought I could reference them the same way I do ico's.

*Edit: Actually nevermind. I just realized that I can't use bmp's embedded in a dll. I thought I could reference them the same way I do ico's.

GUICtrlCreateIcon.rar Yes, but I try to set icon dimensions 100×100 there's no way to do as described in help file:

GUICtrlCreateIcon ( filename, iconID, left, top [, width [, height [, style [, exStyle]]]] )

Mabe solution will be available in the future releases of AI.