My problem with WinWaitActive in new autoit

Hi,

I was using version 3.2.8.1 - and thought that perhaps i should upgrade to 3.3.0.0.

I got the zip version, so i could check out scripts before committing, and I'm suddenly seeing a problem with WinWaitActive

In 3.2.8.1 it returns true as soon as the window appears and goes active, but in 3.3.0.0 it returns 0 always.

What could I have overlooked? I saw something about all strings now being unicode, could that be it? (Not that I actually understand the difference between the unicode and ascii in this context)

I never changed the default match mode, so that should still be "Matches partial titles from the start" right?

This is to vague. Post a replication script showing your issue.

Jos

Seems either the syntax changed or you can't have [title] and [class] at the same time, one or the other is fine. Both fails.

if WinWaitActive("[TITLE:name][CLASS:Afx:400000:3:10011:0:0]", "",20)=0 then
        MsgBox(0,"","Failed")
endif

• Developers

Have you checked the helpfile?

It contains all information about release chnages and the proper syntax:

WinWaitActive("[TITLE:My Window; CLASS:My Class; INSTANCE:2]", "")

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

Guess the one I should have extrapolated from was: "Fixed #562: Specifying the TITLE property caused all other properties to be lost "

The proper syntax is clearly listed in the Helpfile ... agree? (That is what I quoted in my reply)

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Sure, but since it has always been working I didn't think there was something wrong there and had syntax blindess. So quoting didn't really help as much as "your syntax is wrong" would have.

But this answers my questions.