MouseGetCursor()

Skarn

Hi,

I tried to use AUTOIT COM a long time ago to do some mouse cursor fx. But I needed to know what cursor was showing so I could display the appropriate graphic.

Unfortunately MouseGetCurosor break the double click behaviour of the mouse.

Now in recent AUTOIT beta the following change is listed: - Fixed #934: MouseGetCursor() hogging mouse double click. (Thanks martin)

But the COM object still seems broken...is anyone able to implement this fix into the COM?

please help :-( thank you.

Sorry, yes, of course, that IS the one I tried - RegSvr32.exe won't let me register it. It will let me register the 'release' version one, but the beta one says something about not being an executable type.

Edited by Skarn

Try to uninstall it first and then reinstall, /u switch to uninstall.

Thanks for help Authenticity - yes, I did that also :-P I unregistered the 'release' version - regsvre confirms unregistered, then I try to register the beta one - 'not an executable file' error. But it will let me re-register the release version again...is the beta file corrupt perhaps? or not compiled properly?

It's not locked.

Oh.. well whatever it is: Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, you do not have permission to reply to that topic

Authenticity gave you the wrong link, it was propably THIS he meant to give you.

That looks like exactly the same link.

Maybe this is the place.

@Skarn, you might have been unable to post a bug because you had too few posts. If you need at least 10 then you should be able to do it now.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

That looks like exactly the same link.

Maybe this is the place.

@Skarn, you might have been unable to post a bug because you had too few posts. If you need at least 10 then you should be able to do it now.

What are you talking about? I linked to the beta-thread (in the developers forum)and Authenticity to the announcement thread (in the announcement forum). Normal members can't to anything in the announcement forum.

You can't say I was wrong when most of the beta issues have already been posted there (including this AutoItX problem).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have excitedly tried the latest beta again with the activeX dll and unfortunately I still experience the double mouse click disabling effects of MouseGetCursor.

I took steps to make sure I fully uninstalled AutoIt first.

I've manual registered and de-registered the dll and still no go.

Thank you AutoIt developers for trying though :-) I'll keep an eye out for any news on this one (forgive me for a being a bit mono-focused - I've been hanging for this one for a while).

On that note, does anyone know of another dll or otherwise which I can call from vbScript to return the current cursor number?

Thank you for any help.

[EDIT] Seeing as it was 'clicks' which were somehow being affected I did some testing:

In windows when you click the mouse it goes from state 0 to state 1, when you release the mouse and goes to state 2. When you click the mouse again it goes to state 3. Then release and it goes back to state 0

It seems that calling MouseGetCursor when the mouse is in any state other than 0 causes it to start ignoring mouse clicks - this *appears* to be what is happening, but I could be wrong. Hope this info helps.

Edited by Skarn