ChecksumSearch with shade variation?

Hey there,

I've found the following pixelchecksumsearch function:

;===============================================================================
; Function Name:    _PixelCheckSumFindAll
; Description:    Finds all instances of Checksum within a given area and returns array with Total and all locations X and Y.
; Parameters:      $Pixel   Colour value of pixel to find (in decimal or hex).
;               $chksum            Previously generated checksum value of the region per(PixelChecksum)
;               $CS_l      left coordinate of rectangle. (amount to subtract)
;               $CS_t      Top coordinate of rectangle. (amount to subtract)
;               $CS_r      Right coordinate of rectangle. (amount to add)
;               $CS_b      Bottom coordinate of rectangle. (amount to add)
;               $SB_l      left coordinate of total area to search. Default is 0 (far left side of screen)
;               $SB_t      top coordinate of total area to search. Default is 0 (top most Side of screen)
;               $SB_r      Right coordinate of total area to search. Default is @DesktopWidth (Far Right side of screen)
;               $SB_b      Bottom coordinate of total area to search. Default is @DesktopHeight (Bottom most side of screen)
; Syntax:         _PixelCheckSumFindAll($pixel, $chksum, $CS_l, $CS_t, $CS_r, $CS_b[, $SB_l, $SB_t, $SB_r, $SB_b])
; Author(s):        ofLight
; Returns:      $Array[0][0] = 0 on failure, $Array on success
;===============================================================================
Func _PixelCheckSumFindAll($pixel,$chksum,$CS_l,$CS_t,$CS_r,$CS_b,$SB_l=0,$SB_t=0,$SB_r=@DesktopWidth,$SB_b=@DesktopHeight)
    $SB_b_Max = $SB_b
    $SB_l_Max = $SB_l
    Dim $Array[2][2]
    $Array[0][0] = "0"
    $Count = "0"
    While 1
        $xy = PixelSearch($SB_l,$SB_t,$SB_r,$SB_b,$pixel, 0)
        If @error And $SB_b = $SB_b_Max Then
            SetError(1)
            Return $Array
        ElseIf @error Then
            $SB_t = $SB_b + 1
            $SB_b = $SB_b_Max
            $SB_l = $SB_l_Max
        ElseIf $chksum = PixelCheckSum($xy[0]-$CS_l, $xy[1]-$CS_t, $xy[0]+$CS_r, $xy[1]+$CS_B) Then
            $Count = $Count+1
            $Array[0][0] = $Count
            ReDim $Array[$Count+1][2]
            $Array[$Count][0] = $xy[0]
            $Array[$Count][1] = $xy[1]

$SB_t = $xy[1]
            $SB_b = $SB_t
            $SB_l = $xy[0] + 1
        Else
            $SB_t = $xy[1]
            $SB_b = $SB_t
            $SB_l = $xy[0] + 1
        EndIf
    WEnd
EndFunc

It works great. The only problem is that I need to add somekind of a shade variation. So that a slightly different checksum (eg. because of slight transparency) will still match. Anyone has any idea how to do this?

PixelSearch ( left, top, right, bottom, color [, shade-variation [, step [, hwnd]]] )

8)

Well, what about the pixelchecksum part? If the pixel is a bit different then the pixelchecksum is aswell.

• Moderators

No, you can't do PixelCheckSum with shade variation. Defeats the whole purpose of getting a "unique" checksum value for a region (X-Width by Y-Height).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

No, you can't do PixelCheckSum with shade variation. Defeats the whole purpose of getting a "unique" checksum value for a region (X-Width by Y-Height).

Alright, well I tried to create a variant with pixelsearch. However, it doesn't seem to work. Do you see the flaw?

Func GetCornerSum($aTopLeft, $aBottomRight)
    Local $aCornerSum[4]
    $aCornerSum[0] = PixelGetColor($aTopLeft[0], $aTopLeft[1]) ;top left
    $aCornerSum[1] = PixelGetColor($aBottomRight[0], $aTopLeft[1]) ;top right
    $aCornerSum[2] = PixelGetColor($aTopLeft[0], $aBottomRight[1]) ;bottom left
    $aCornerSum[3] = PixelGetColor($aBottomRight[0], $aBottomRight[1]) ;bottom right
    Return $aCornerSum
EndFunc

Func FindCornerSum($aCornerSum, $iWidth, $iHeight, $aTopLeft, $aBottomRight, $iShade = 0)
    $cSearch = _PixelSearchEX($aTopLeft[0], $aTopLeft[1], $aBottomRight[0], $aBottomRight[1], $aCornerSum[0], $iShade)
    If Not IsArray($cSearch) Then Return 0 ;return 0 when the top left pixel can not be found at all
    For $i = 1 To UBound($cSearch, 2) - 1 ;check for each found pixel whether this is the square
        PixelSearch($cSearch[0][$i] + $iWidth, $cSearch[1][$i], $cSearch[0][$i] + $iWidth, $cSearch[1][$i], $aCornerSum[1], $iShade) ;top right
        If Not @error Then ;check other corners
            PixelSearch($cSearch[0][$i], $cSearch[1][$i] + $iHeight, $cSearch[0][$i], $cSearch[1][$i] + $iHeight, $aCornerSum[2], $iShade) ;bottom left
                PixelSearch($cSearch[0][$i] + $iWidth, $cSearch[1][$i] + $iHeight, $cSearch[0][$i] + $iWidth, $cSearch[1][$i] + $iHeight, $aCornerSum[3], $iShade) ;bottom right
                    Local $aReturn[2]
                    $aReturn[0] = $cSearch[0][$i]
                    $aReturn[1] = $cSearch[1][$i]
                    Return $aReturn
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    Return 0 ;no match
EndFunc

Func _PixelSearchEX($iXStart, $iYStart, $iXEnd, $iYEnd, $vColor, $iShade = 0, $iStep = 1, $iSleep = 0)
    Local $iXCurrent = 0, $iYCurrent = 0
    Local $iXElement, $iYElement
    While 1
        $aSearch = PixelSearch(($iXStart + $iXCurrent), ($iYStart + $iYCurrent), $iXEnd, $iYEnd, $vColor, $iShade, $iStep)
        If Not IsArray($aSearch) Then ExitLoop
        If IsArray($aSearch) Then
            $iXElement &= $aSearch[0] & @LF
            $iYElement &= $iYStart + $iYCurrent & @LF
            If $iXStart + $iXCurrent >= $iXEnd Then
                $iXCurrent = 0
                $iYCurrent += 1
            Else
                $iXCurrent = ($aSearch[0] - $iXStart) + 1
            EndIf
        Else
            If $iXStart + $iXCurrent >= $iXEnd Then
                $iXCurrent = 0
                $iYCurrent += 1
            Else
                $iXCurrent += 1
            EndIf
        EndIf
        Sleep($iSleep)
    WEnd
    If $iXElement = '' Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    $iXElement = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($iXElement, 1), @LF)
    $iYElement = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($iYElement, 1), @LF)
    Local $aElements[2][UBound($iXElement)]
    For $xCount = 1 To UBound($iXElement) - 1
        $aElements[0][$xCount] = $iXElement[$xCount]
        $aElements[1][$xCount] = $iYElement[$xCount]
    Next
    Return $aElements
EndFunc

• Moderators

Find the error? Don't have a clue what you're even doing (although I do recognize one of those funcs :) ).

If you still trying to find a sum with variant shade colors, you're going to be sadly disappointed. Especially if any of the colors in a x by y region could be different shades. Just simply adding regions together is not going to give you the right return.

Your best bet is to capture the area, do a monochrome or black white conversion, then go from there. I believe Manadar made something that may help you to get the values out of the image on disk after the conversion process.

Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Find the error? Don't have a clue what you're even doing (although I do recognize one of those funcs :) ).

If you still trying to find a sum with variant shade colors, you're going to be sadly disappointed. Especially if any of the colors in a x by y region could be different shades. Just simply adding regions together is not going to give you the right return.

Your best bet is to capture the area, do a monochrome or black white conversion, then go from there. I believe Manadar made something that may help you to get the values out of the image on disk after the conversion process.

Eh, I'm just getting the 4 pixels from all corners of a square. Then search for the top left pixel with a shade variation and see if the other corners match this pixel with that shade variation.

That should work. Just that something is wrong in my functions I think.. not sure what however.

• Moderators

Eh, I'm just getting the 4 pixels from all corners of a square. Then search for the top left pixel with a shade variation and see if the other corners match this pixel with that shade variation.

That should work. Just that something is wrong in my functions I think.. not sure what however.

Why do you say it should work?

How many different values do you think you'd have if you allowed just 3 different shade variations (mind you, that's actually 6 because the shade variation could be 3 more or 3 less) + the original value?

Why do you say it should work?

How many different values do you think you'd have if you allowed just 3 different shade variations (mind you, that's actually 6 because the shade variation could be 3 more or 3 less) + the original value?

Not that much I think. Because the top left pixel has to match first and the object color is a lot different than the background color.

• Moderators

See if this works for your needs:

; Array of colors UBound must match number of pixels searching
; Array of variations UBound must match number of pixels searching
Local $a_clr[4] = [0xFF0000, 0xFF00FF, 0x00FF00, 0x00FFFF]
Local $a_vrn[4] = [1,2,4,2]

_Pixel_Range_Validate(10, 38, 11, 39, $a_clr, $a_vrn)
; @error 0 = Succes
; @error 1 = UBound of colors was incorrect
; @error 2 = UBound of variations was incorrect
; @error 3 = Variation match failed
ConsoleWrite("Error = " & @error & @CRLF)

Func _Pixel_Range_Validate($i_x1, $i_y1, $i_x2, $i_y2, $a_colors, $a_variations, $h_wnd = 0)
    Local $i_x_loops = Abs($i_x2 - $i_x1) + 1
    Local $i_y_loops = Abs($i_y2 - $i_y1) + 1
    Local $i_total = $i_x_loops * $i_y_loops
    Local $a_col = $a_colors, $a_var = $a_variations

If IsArray($a_colors) Then
        If (UBound($a_colors) <> $i_total) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0); Array out of bounds
    Else
        Local $a_col[$i_total]
        For $i = 0 To ($i_total) - 1
            $a_col[$i] = $a_colors
        Next
    EndIf

If IsArray($a_variations) Then
        If (UBound($a_variations)) <> $i_total Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0); Array out of bounds
    Else
        Local $a_var[$i_total]
        For $i = 0 To ($i_total) - 1
            $a_var[$i] = $a_variations
        Next
    EndIf

Local $i_c = 0
    For $y = $i_y1 To $i_y2
        For $x = $i_x1 To $i_x2
            PixelSearch($x, $y, $x, $y, $a_col[$i_c], $a_var[$i_c], 1, $h_wnd)
            If @error Then
                Return SetError(3, 0, 0)
            EndIf
            $i_c += 1
        Next
    Next

Return SetError(0, 0, 1)
EndFunc

Thanks Smoke but that function doesn't know where to search for the square, right? It needs to search for it in a given area. If that's what the first 4 parameters do, then how does it know how far corner B is from corner A, etc.?

• Moderators

Thanks Smoke but that function doesn't know where to search for the square, right? It needs to search for it in a given area. If that's what the first 4 parameters do, then how does it know how far corner B is from corner A, etc.?

What are you on about lol?

It simply checks a region you specify with shade variation, if that region doesn't have your variation of colors, it sets @error and returns zero. What you do to implement it to meet your logic is up to you.

Edit:

In other words, if you're checking four different regions (regions being the rectangular area you want to search), then you would call that function 4 times with the x start, y start, x end and y end positions, along with their prospective color and variation arrays.

Edited by SmOke_N

• Moderators

Hmm, seems that PixelSearchEx() function is wrong, should be something like:

Func _Pixel_SearchEx( _
                        $i_x_start, $i_y_start, _
                        $i_x_end, $i_y_end, _
                        $i_color, $i_shade = 0, _
                        $i_step = 1, $h_wnd = 0, $i_sleep = 0)

Local $i_x_c, $i_y_c, $a_found, $i_c
    Local $a_ret[((Abs($i_x_end - $i_x_start) + 1) * (Abs($i_y_end - $i_y_start) + 1)) + 1][2]
    For $i_y_c = $i_y_start To $i_y_end Step $i_step
        $i_x_c = $i_x_start
        While 1
            $a_found = PixelSearch($i_x_c, $i_y_c, $i_x_end, $i_y_c, $i_color, $i_shade, $i_step, $h_wnd)
            If @error Then ExitLoop 
            $i_c += 1
            $a_ret[$i_c][0] = $a_found[0]
            $a_ret[$i_c][1] = $a_found[1]
            If $a_found[0] + 1 > $i_x_end Then ExitLoop
            $i_x_c = $a_found[0] + 1
        WEnd
    Next

If $i_c = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    ReDim $a_ret[$i_c + 1][2]
    $a_ret[0][0] = $i_c
    Return $a_ret
EndFunc
The results from this seemed to be correct unlike the other version.

Edit:

Fixed something after testing it.

Edited by SmOke_N

• Moderators

Well, after playing the Memorial Day family game, and feeling like a stuffed pig. I thought I'd read through this thread once more to see if I can grasp what exactly you are trying to do.

If I'm right, you're almost trying to do something that imagesearch.au3 does but without the dll. You have a set number of pixels you want to search, and a "possible" variation for each pixel (not sure if imagesearch does that).

With that in mind, I kind of made my own imagesearch with pixel variation option.

Things to know.

• You must send an array of colors, these colors will be left to right, up to down (and must be the same ubound as the width*height).

So if I have a 2 pixel width, and a 2 pixel height area I want to search, my starting point is 0 for both x and y.

My color array is [0xFF0000, 0x00FF00, 0x0000FF, 0x00FFFF]

x-0, y-0 = 0xFF0000

x-1, y-0 = 0x00FF00

x-0, y-1 = 0x0000FF

x-1, y-1 = 0x00FFFF

In that example you see how you would set your array up (zero based array).

• Shade variation must also be an array. The ubound must be the same as the ubound of the color array (width of pixel search * height of pixel search).

You can do different shade variations for each pixel. My example will just show a constant variation of 3 for simplicity.

• The parameters:

x-start = the x starting position of the total search area

y-start = the y starting position of the total search area

x-end = the x ending position of the total search area

y-end = the y ending position of the total search area

width = total number of pixels to search (left to right) once first pixel color is found

height = total number of pixels to search (top to bottom) once the first pixel color is found

colors = array of colors to search in specific order (explained above) one the match is found [0] is used for the first search pattern

shade = array of shade variations for each position found [0] is used for the first search pattern

step = number of steps to make like pixelsearch main function, this is only used in the main search for patterns, once a match on the first color is found, the rest of the search is step 1

hwnd = handle to window if you want to use one

quick match = If you only want the first match, set to true, and the array [n][n] will hold your values, otherwise default is to return all matches

• The return is a two dimensional array:

[0][0] = total number of matches found

[n][0] = x starting position the match was found

[n][1] = y starting position the match was found

• Errors:

1 = the color variable sent was either not an array or the ubound did not match the total value of the width*height

2 = the shade variable sent was either not an array or the ubound did not match the total value of the width*height

3 = No match found

Guess I could have written a header, just didn't feel like it.

; Example
#include <array.au3>

; Array of colors UBound must match number of pixels searching
Local $a_clr[9] = [0xFF4AA5, 0xFF4AA5, 0xFF4AA5, 0xFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFF, 0xFF4AA5, 0xFF4AA5]
; Array of variations UBound must match number of pixels searching
Local $a_vrn[9] = [3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3,3]

Local $a_found = _Pixel_Region_FindMatch(0, 0, 1678, 945, 3, 3, $a_clr, $a_vrn)
If @error Then
    MsgBox(0, "Error", "Error was: " & @error)
Else
    _ArrayDisplay($a_found)
EndIf

Func _Pixel_Region_FindMatch($i_x, $i_y, $i_x_end, $i_y_end, $i_width, $i_height, $a_colors, $a_shade, $i_step = 1, $h_wnd = 0, $f_quick_match = False)
    Local $i_total = $i_width * $i_height
    Local $a_col = $a_colors, $a_var = $a_shade
    $i_width -= 1
    $i_height -= 1

If (IsArray($a_colors) = 0) Or (UBound($a_colors) <> $i_total) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    If (IsArray($a_shade) = 0) Or (UBound($a_shade) <> $i_total) Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

Local $i_c, $i_c_n, $i_x_c, $i_y_c
    Local $a_found, $i_y_n, $i_x_n, $i_c_n, $i_match
    Local $a_ret[((Abs($i_x_end - $i_x) + 1) * (Abs($i_y_end - $i_y) + 1)) + 1][2]

; Simple search
    For $i_y_c = $i_y To $i_y_end Step $i_step
        $i_x_c = $i_x
        While 1
            $a_found = PixelSearch($i_x_c, $i_y_c, $i_x_end, $i_y_c, $a_colors[0], $a_shade[0], $i_step, $h_wnd)
            If @error Then ExitLoop

If ($a_found[0] + $i_width > $i_x_end) Then ExitLoop
            If ($a_found[1] + $i_height > $i_y_end) Then ExitLoop

$i_match = 0
            For $i_y_n = $a_found[1] To $i_height + $a_found[1]
                For $i_x_n = $a_found[0] To $i_width + $a_found[0]
                    PixelSearch($i_x_n, $i_y_n, $i_x_n, $i_y_n, $a_colors[$i_match], $a_shade[$i_match], 1, $h_wnd)
                    If @error Then ExitLoop 2
                    $i_match += 1
                    If $i_match = $i_total Then
                        $i_c += 1
                        If $f_quick_match Then ExitLoop 4
                    EndIf
                Next
            Next

$i_x_c = $a_found[0] + 1
        WEnd
    Next

If $i_c = 0 Then Return SetError(3, 0, 0)
    $a_ret[0][0] = $i_c
    Return $a_ret
EndFunc
The example above found all the "@" symbols in scite for me (obviously the unique search was only for that symbol).

Also, this is a simple helper function if you want to use it, will get all the pixel colors and positions in a 2D-3 index array (Used it to help with the color array).

; Should only be used for small regions, didn't feel like writing out bitblt method
Func _Pixel_GetRegion($i_x_start, $i_y_start, $i_x_end, $i_y_end, $i_step = 1, $h_wnd = 0)
    Local $a_ret[((Abs($i_x_end - $i_x_start) + 1) * (Abs($i_y_end - $i_y_start) + 1)) + 1][3], $i_c = 0
    For $i_y = $i_y_start To $i_y_end Step $i_step
        For $i_x = $i_x_start To $i_x_end Step $i_step
            $i_c += 1
            $a_ret[$i_c][0] = $i_x
            $a_ret[$i_c][1] = $i_y
            $a_ret[$i_c][2] = PixelGetColor($i_x, $i_y, $h_wnd)
        Next
    Next
    ReDim $a_ret[$i_c + 1][3]
    $a_ret[0][0] = $i_c
    Return $a_ret
EndFunc

Sure hope this is close to what you were hoping to do.

Edit:

(Don't try and post an edit during maintenance time !!!! :) )

I expected this to be to slow to use.

I was pleasantly dissapointed there!

Searching a 1678x945 area, the example provided found 7 "@" symbols in scite in 250 ms, 10 in 350 ms. Should give you ideas on how fast/slow it is.

Edited by SmOke_N

Thanks a lot Smoke. I'm sure I and the whole AutoIt community will be able to use those functions very often.

For this situation however, the fixed version of _Pixel_SearchEX did the job (and a bit of improvement of my own code). Here's what I got now and it works great! Basically, this checks if the 4 corners of a square match in a certain area with a given shade variation.

Func _FindCornerSum($aCornerSum, $aTopLeft, $aBottomRight, $iShade = 0)
    $cSearch = _Pixel_SearchEX($aTopLeft[0], $aTopLeft[1], $aBottomRight[0], $aBottomRight[1], $aCornerSum[0], $iShade)
    If @error Then Return 0 ;return 0 when the top left pixel can not be found at all
    For $i = 1 To $cSearch[0][0] ;check for each found pixel whether this is the top left pixel of the square
        PixelSearch($cSearch[$i][0] + $aCornerSum[4], $cSearch[$i][1], $cSearch[$i][0] + $aCornerSum[4], $cSearch[$i][1], $aCornerSum[1], $iShade) ;top right
        If Not @error Then ;if this is a match, check bottom left corner
            PixelSearch($cSearch[$i][0], $cSearch[$i][1] + $aCornerSum[5], $cSearch[$i][0], $cSearch[$i][1] + $aCornerSum[5], $aCornerSum[2], $iShade) ;bottom left
            If Not @error Then ;if this is a match, check bottom right corner
                PixelSearch($cSearch[$i][0] + $aCornerSum[4], $cSearch[$i][1] + $aCornerSum[5], $cSearch[$i][0] + $aCornerSum[4], $cSearch[$i][1] + $aCornerSum[5], $aCornerSum[3], $iShade) ;bottom right
                If Not @error Then ;if this is a match, return the x and y of the square
                    Local $aReturn[2]
                    $aReturn[0] = $cSearch[$i][0]
                    $aReturn[1] = $cSearch[$i][1]
                    Return $aReturn
                EndIf
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
    Return 0 ;no match
EndFunc

Func _Pixel_SearchEx($i_x_start, $i_y_start, $i_x_end, $i_y_end, $i_color, $i_shade = 0, $i_step = 1, $h_wnd = 0, $i_sleep = 0)
    Local $i_x_c, $i_y_c, $a_found, $i_c
    Local $a_ret[((Abs($i_x_end - $i_x_start) + 1) * (Abs($i_y_end - $i_y_start) + 1)) + 1][2]
    For $i_y_c = $i_y_start To $i_y_end Step $i_step
        $i_x_c = $i_x_start
        While 1
            $a_found = PixelSearch($i_x_c, $i_y_c, $i_x_end, $i_y_c, $i_color, $i_shade, $i_step, $h_wnd)
            If @error Then ExitLoop
            $i_c += 1
            If $a_found[0] + 1 > $i_x_end Then ExitLoop
            $i_x_c = $a_found[0] + 1
        WEnd
    Next
    If $i_c = 0 Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    $a_ret[0][0] = $i_c
    Return $a_ret
EndFunc

Func _GetCornerSum($aTopLeft, $aBottomRight)
    Local $aCornerSum[6]
    $aCornerSum[0] = PixelGetColor($aTopLeft[0], $aTopLeft[1]) ;top left
    $aCornerSum[1] = PixelGetColor($aBottomRight[0], $aTopLeft[1]) ;top right
    $aCornerSum[2] = PixelGetColor($aTopLeft[0], $aBottomRight[1]) ;bottom left
    $aCornerSum[3] = PixelGetColor($aBottomRight[0], $aBottomRight[1]) ;bottom right
    $aCornerSum[4] = $aBottomRight[0] - $aTopLeft[0] ;width
    $aCornerSum[5] = $aBottomRight[1] - $aTopLeft[1] ;height
    Return $aCornerSum
EndFunc