How to prevent certain exe from opening?

I have a 2 exe files installed. Main.exe file is controled by other Parent.exe, now my question is this. How can I prevent the end user to start the Main.exe directly by double-clicking on it? I need him basicaly to start the Parent.exe first, and my Main.exe is called by ShellExecute() from Parent.exe.

Thanks

I have a 2 exe files installed. Main.exe file is controled by other Parent.exe, now my question is this. How can I prevent the end user to start the Main.exe directly by double-clicking on it? I need him basicaly to start the Parent.exe first, and my Main.exe is called by ShellExecute() from Parent.exe.

Thanks

Hi Bleed,

Would it be acceptable to close Main.exe if parent.exe is not running? That you can do with the process management functions, namely ProcessClose(). Let me give you some advice.... look in the help file first. Secondly, search the forums. Most things you want are in either or both of these.

Regards,

4Eyes

Edited by 4Eyes

Hi 4Eyes and Thank You for a fast responce.

I `ve been searching the forms and the help file for last few hours now, and I cant find any solution to my problem.

The reason I have 2 exe files is that they have to be run simultaneously, so I can`t use processclose().