Need help with Autoit scripting or coding

need a autoit script to open specific excel file search column A, if it finds yes, then click save and new button on the quickbooks invoice form, else skip to next row then copy data from this cell in excel then paste it into the desired field in quickbooks invoice form, then the next cell to the next field or maybe from copy range from column B to Column G for example.

so in column A, the title is New Transaction, then for each new transaction will say yes in that cell

here is how i have as the headings ( a sample of the file )

New Transaction ~ ~ Date ~ ~ ~ ~ Num ~ Name ~ Item ~ Qty ~ U/M ~ Sales Price ~ ~ Amount ~~ Balance

~~ ~ ~ 01/29/2009 ~ 6997 ~ Lows ~ Egg ~ 10.00 ~ ea ~ ~ 120.00 ~ ~ ~ 1,200.00 ~ 0.00

~~ ~ ~ 01/29/2009 ~ 6997 ~ Lows ~ Egg ~ 10.00 ~ ea ~ ~ 120.00 ~ ~ ~ 1,200.00 ~ 0.00

yes ~ ~ 01/28/2009 ~ 6996 ~ Lows ~ Egg ~ 10.00 ~ ea ~ ~ 120.00 ~ ~ ~ 1,200.00 ~ 0.00

~~ ~ ~ 01/28/2009 ~ 6996 ~ Lows ~ Egg ~ 10.00 ~ ea ~ ~ 120.00 ~ ~ ~ 1,200.00 ~ 0.00

~~ ~ ~ 01/28/2009 ~ 6996 ~ Lows ~ Egg ~ 10.00 ~ ea ~ ~ 120.00 ~ ~ ~ 1,200.00 ~ 0.00

thanks in advance guys

Edited by ideas

need a autoit script to open specific excel file search column A, if it finds yes, then click save and new button on the quickbooks invoice form, else skip to next row then copy data from this cell in excel then paste it into the desired field in quickbooks invoice form, then the next cell to the next field or maybe from copy range from column B to Column G for example.

so in column A, the title is New Transaction, then for each new transaction will say yes in that cell

here is how i have as the headings ( a sample of the file )

New Transaction ~ ~ Date ~ ~ ~ ~ Num ~ Name ~ Item ~ Qty ~ U/M ~ Sales Price ~ ~ Amount ~~ Balance

yes ~ ~ 01/28/2009 ~ 6996 ~ Lows ~ Egg ~ 10.00 ~ ea ~ ~ 120.00 ~ ~ ~ 1,200.00 ~ 0.00

thanks in advance guys

If you need someone to write it for you, please see the Rent-A-Coder link in my sig. We don't do that here.

This forum is here to help you use AutoIt yourself. If you have the basics down, then you can look at the _Excel* functions in the help file. The script you are describing does not sound difficult, so don't be afraid to dive in and learn it.

And welcome to AutoIt.

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Have you grabbed your copy of the AutoIt package? Also be sure to grab the full SciTE-editor as well.

When you are in the editor press F1 to open the helpfile, from there you can see the syntax and examples for every command available.

If you are not familiar with scripting at all, go to http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Tutorials and pick one

Edited by colafrysen
[font="Impact"]Use the helpfile, It´s one of the best exlusive features of Autoit.[/font]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375ALIBI Run - a replacement for the windows run promptPC Controller - an application for controlling other PCs[size="1"]Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.[/size][size="1"]http://bit.ly/cAMPZV[/size]

Are there any Excel or Quickbooks UDFs that may help the OP as well?

Excel.au3 won't help if the OP can't be bothered to learn AutoIt basics first.

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

ok, so i was looking at some tutorials and i kindof grasp a little of its concepts.

so am looking for a "do until loop" until it finds the word yes in a specific cell, now in the for loop, i must copy from specific cells one at a time across columns B to J, then paste them in specific fields in quickbooks after each copy, then the next thing to do is to check the next row to see if has the word yes in column A.

how do i start coding this?

$var = "yes"

if $var = "yes" from column A

then

click save & new button in quickbooks form

else

copy data from next row

then

paste data in specific field in quickbooks invoice form

until

the 10th column or column J

then

end

ok, so i was looking at some tutorials and i kindof grasp a little of its concepts.

so am looking for a "do until loop" until it finds the word yes in a specific cell, now in the for loop, i must copy from specific cells one at a time across columns B to J, then paste them in specific fields in quickbooks after each copy, then the next thing to do is to check the next row to see if has the word yes in column A.

how do i start coding this?

$var = "yes"

if $var = "yes" from column A

then

else

copy data from next row

then

paste data in specific field in quickbooks invoice form

until

the 10th column or column J

then

end

Look at _ExcelReadCell() and the example script for it in the help file. You can do that in a loop or, if you are ready to try arrays, you could read columns B thru J in one swipe with _ExcelReadArray().

QuickBooks probably has hot keys, so Save, New, etc. might be done with just ControlSend() and "!sn" (Alt-s, n). See that function and the Send() codes in the help file.

I don't know QuickBooks GUI, so I can't tell you how easy or hard it might be to put data in a specific cell of their forms.

Take it one step at a time. Get your script to read the data from Excel and show it you. Build from there once you get that working.

can you show me some sample coding for doing this

Yes, it's in the help file under _ExcelReadCell(). What happened when you tried that?