Programming an USB Relay Controller in Autoit

Hi, I've just bought an usb relay controller, and I wonder how I can control it.

I got 8 relays on the controller, each of them show up as an virtual com port when I connect it to the computer, but I have not used dllcalls so much, so can anyone here help me?:)

you can find documentations and drivers here:

http://denkovi.com/Catalog/USBRelayBoards2...description.htm

Hi, I know nothing about this board, or have any experience in this type of programming, but I would start with a look at the documentation linked at

http://ftdichip.com/Documents/ProgramGuide...(FT_000071).pdf

This document seems to have a list of the functions that you can access on the board through the FTD2xx dll library file.

I would look into using the AutoIT function "_Dllcall" to access various functions in the boards FTD2xx dll library file.

This, of course, would be the way to start after you have the example application working with your board to ensure it is functioning. :)

Cheers, Wal.

Edited by WSorich

Hi, I've just bought an usb relay controller, and I wonder how I can control it.

I got 8 relays on the controller, each of them show up as an virtual com port when I connect it to the computer, but I have not used dllcalls so much, so can anyone here help me? :)

you can find documentations and drivers here:

http://denkovi.com/Catalog/USBRelayBoards2...description.htm

If there are virtual com ports you could use my serial port UDF. See the link in my signature below. It seems a strange idea to have a port for each relay, but no matter because you can have plenty of ports in my UDF. (50 max I think.)

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 4 years later...
  • Moderators

l4tran, please don't necro a 4 year old post. The very fact that no one has added to it since 2009 should give you your answer, and even if something was found AutoIt has changed a lot in the intervening years. If you have a question, please start a new thread and provide as much information as you're able to.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!