SearchReg-example

Holger

Your example doesn't quite do what I want. I don't want to search for DisplayName itself. I want to search for a value in DisplayName. Like this - DisplayName = Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.

Thanks!

I tried changing _RegSearchValueName to _RegSearchValue, but it must take more than that, because I got an error:

F:scriptsAutoItBuild Auto Installertest.au3 (14) : ==> "ReDim" used without an array variable.:

ReDim $Array[$Array[0][0] + 1][3]

ReDim ^ ERROR

Edited by robinsiebler

robinsiebler

Searches for all of the DisplayName. Then reads the DisplayName and looking for in the results.

This line just gives me a lot of question marks. What would the English translation be?

Anything interesting "Message", "Error, @error ="

_RegSearchValue - searches for all values, not the ValueName

_ArraySearch - searches result in the outcome

You probably do not know AutoIt3. It is best to talk to you for small things with people who understand your language.

However, I do know when something just doesn't work, like the example you gave me.

IMHO try to search this value DisplayName from subkey InstallProperties:

"HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInstallerUserDataS-1-5-18ProductsInstallProperties"

My registry has this lost DisplayName there

;-)

The point of world view

I added a description of the English language. I just have not decided yet how to make a withdrawal results in a string variable. Secondly, the characters "*?|" used in names, so I think over how to do a search. There is no verification of the validity of the passed parameters. There is no combined search. Search works slower than the search refedit.exe.

Perhaps had an @error=3 - not found. _ArrayDisplay should show the results of your search. The second time the show result read registry. Then _ArraySearch will find the results of the final value

IMHO try to search this value DisplayName from subkey InstallProperties:

"HKLMSOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInstallerUserDataS-1-5-18ProductsInstallProperties"

My registry has this lost DisplayName there

;-)

InstallProperties is not directly under Products. It is under some random GUID - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInstallerUserDataS-1-5-18Products1BA12BBB54C2D5340AA55B3670E2B7B9InstallProperties

In that case you will have to enumerate for the keys under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInstallerUserDataS-1-5-18Products

then enumerate each of those for InstallProperties and then check for the value(s).

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

InstallProperties is not directly under Products

I'm glad for the place you search.

I found a better, faster, easier way.

There is also the safest method to work with registry. It is old verified handmade...

The point of world view

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I'm new to AutoIT and this function is exactly what I needed to find some registry keys!  The only problem I'm having is how to delete them once they're found?  Would anyone be able to help me with that.  I Tried deleting the variable I used to display them but that didn't work, I didn't think it would, but I thought I'd list it anyways.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Use RegDelete, careful not to let the dead windows.

Example:

RegDelete("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\IntelIde")

• 1 year later...