App minimizes itself

I've ran into a problem trying to integrate an AU3 GUI into something. Everytime the program looses focus it minimizes itself to the taskbar, which is highly annoying.

Is there anyway to reprogram the applications 'Killfocus' so that it doesn't go poof everytime it looses it's active state?

Thanks

I've ran into a problem trying to integrate an AU3 GUI into something. Everytime the program looses focus it minimizes itself to the taskbar, which is highly annoying.

Is there anyway to reprogram the applications 'Killfocus' so that it doesn't go poof everytime it looses it's active state?

Thanks

Your other app is minimizing the AutoIt GUI? You could set always on top, I guess. Another option would be an AdLibEnable() function to keep it restored.

Or am I misunderstanding your description?

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

Your other app is minimizing the AutoIt GUI? You could set always on top, I guess. Another option would be an AdLibEnable() function to keep it restored.

Or am I misunderstanding your description?

:party:

Not quite, sorry wasn't clear enough on it.

App 1 has focus and isn't maximized or minimized. It's a regular window showing on the desktop. As soon as app 1 no longer has the applications focus it minimizes itself until you click it in the taskbar.

Because of how it works to integrate an AutoIt GUI into something it's easiest to make it a child of that window. Because it's a child it goes down with app 1 because my GUI takes the focus, making app 1 go 'poof'. It is a good thing that my GUI follows the other window, but it's pointless because it gets 'minimized' along with the other application :)

Help explain my problem? I'm not sure how to overwrite the programs KillFocus so that it doesn't minimize itself. I have no idea if this is even possible with AutoIt coding. I know someone is probably going to suggest trying to do it with other means, but this is something I'm hoping to be able to share as an EXE. So if it can be done by other means I'd love to know how, I just hope it can still be integrated into my EXE=)

Thanks