Transfer an AutoIt Script to C++ Code

Hi Folks !

I did some scripting in AutoIt and now i wish to transfer it to C++

I hope that some of Experienced guys here that do now about C++ help me about it.

Here's my codes (Parts that i wish to transfer to Cpp):

Local $PrevClip = ClipGet() 
Send('^c')
$Data = ClipGet()
$Data = StringReplace($Data, "'", "\'")
$script = "SelText$ = '" & $Data & "'" & @CRLF & 'RunScript("GetData")'
ClipPut($PrevClip)

Thanks in Advance,

Nevercom

[left] [/left]

The code works in AutoIt, Here is the full code:

#include <MMBLib.au3>

if @Compiled AND $CmdLine[0] == 0 then
    MsgBox(16,"Error","Missing CMDLine parameters!")
    Exit                                                                
endif

if @Compiled then
    $title = $CmdLine[1]
Else
    Exit
endif

if $CmdLine[2] == 'GetText' Then
    _GetText()
Else
    Exit
EndIf

Func _GetText()

Local $PrevClip = ClipGet()
    Send('^c')
    $Data = ClipGet()
    $Data = StringReplace($Data, "'", "\'")
    $script = "SelText$ = '" & $Data & "'" & @CRLF & 'RunScript("GetData")'
    SendScriptMMB($title,$script)
    ClipPut($PrevClip)
    Exit
EndFunc

I just mentioned the parts that i wish to convert

BTW, Seltext$ with $ at the end, is a String variable in MMB, this code sends clipboard contents to MMB(MultiMedia Builder)

Thanks

Edited by Nevercom

[left] [/left]

#include <Memory.au3>

Global Const $CF_TEXT = 1
Global $tszBuff
Global $hMem, $pMem

If _IsClipboardFormatAvailable($CF_TEXT) Then
    If _OpenClipboard(0) Then
        $hMem = _GetClipboardData($CF_TEXT)
        $pMem = _MemGlobalLock($hMem)
        $tszBuff = DllStructCreate('char[' & _MemGlobalSize($hMem) & ']', $pMem)
        ConsoleWrite(DllStructGetData($tszBuff, 1) & @LF)
        _MemGlobalUnlock($hMem)
        _CloseClipboard()
    EndIf
Else
    MsgBox(0x20, 'Info', 'No data string is available on the clipboard')
EndIf
Exit

Func _IsClipboardFormatAvailable($iFormat)
    Local $aRet

$aRet = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'IsClipboardFormatAvailable', 'uint', $iFormat)
    If @error Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)
    Return $aRet[0]
EndFunc

Func _OpenClipboard($hWnd)
    Local $aRet

$aRet = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'OpenClipboard', 'hwnd', $hWnd)
    Return $aRet[0]
EndFunc

Func _CloseClipboard()
    Local $aRet

$aRet = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'CloseClipboard')
    Return $aRet[0]
EndFunc

Func _GetClipboardData($iFormat)
    Local $aRet

$aRet = DllCall('user32.dll', 'hwnd', 'GetClipboardData', 'uint', $iFormat)
    Return $aRet[0]
EndFunc

I guess it's now clearer how to convert it, though, only CF_TEXT is assumed. The Send() part is using SendInput().

Edit: Reference

Edit2: Corrected script.

Edited by Authenticity

Thanks Authenticity,

But i'm afraid it makes me more confused.

I'm really not an AutoIt Scripter nor C++ Programmer, I used AutoIt to make an application to enrich the application i made using MMB, Here (and you helped me there too, I owe you a Thanks, thank you very much)

Now i accidentally found a way to make DLLs that works with MMB instead of using AutoIt (Because its much more faster), I don't know C++ but compiling a PlugIn SDK is not that hard.

Actually i asked this question in C++ Related forums before, but got no responses, so i thought that its because they are not familiar with AutoIt, then i asked here, that maybe Someone that knows C++ and is familiar with AutoIt could help me.

thank you really much, maybe its not fair to ask someone to do programming for you, but asking my question here is my last chance.

Thanks for all your efforts guys

[left] [/left]

• Moderators

IMHO, it's not really a fare question. You're not "asking" anyone to "help", you're asking someone to do the actual translation.

My suggestion is if you want to use another language, to sit down and learn it rather than clicking a few buttons that compile someones pre-made code. This way you actually understand what is happening.

If you don't have the patience nor the want to for that, then you probably need to stick with what you know, and deal with the speed issues in other ways (like properly writing the code helps a ton).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Well I'm not going to translate that for you, however I will point you in the right directions.

For the clipboard functions see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms674556(VS.85).aspx

Send can be done with the SendInput function.

The string operations is preferable done with std::string, for info see: http://www.cppreference.com/wiki/string/start

Running the script is done with ShellExecute()

Broken link? PM me and I'll send you the file!

No, I was not expecting you to translate it for me completely, to just wait here and BOOM !! Done !

No, I already read that MSDN reference about clipboard, but i didn't know to use which one of them and How ? i don't know about data types and the function parameters, i think you misunderstood me or perhaps i wasn't clear.

My suggestion is if you want to use another language, to sit down and learn it rather than clicking a few buttons that compile someones pre-made code. This way you actually understand what is happening.

"I don't know C++ but compiling a PlugIn SDK is not that hard." actually needs a Wink smiley, i didn't mean that i just want the codes to be able to just click on compile button, I said that, to explain that however i'm not a C++ programmer, but it would be able to just learn about a few codes and use just them to make my work better (just in this case), rather than spending more than a year to be a fair programmer to be able to do this all by my own.

I just said that i'm not a Pro or even a medium in programming, so i need someone to explain things for me, not to just show me the functions without any help on how to use them

And as i said i asked my question in some Cpp related forums but i even didn't get any responses, so its very kind of you that helping me by Answering me !

Thanks monoceres, as i said before i do not expect you or any others to do translation for me,

Anyway, the links helped a lot, but any tips how to use them ?

Thank you all you guys and please accept my apologies for bothering (However i didn't mean that).

[left] [/left]

Perhaps you can use AutoItX instead, it has both AU3_ClipGet, AU3_ClipPut and AU3_Send.

Yes, thank you, but what about "SendScriptMMB($title,$script)", it uses "_SendMessage($hwnd,$WM_RUNSCRIPTCODE,$RUNSCRIPTCODE_LOUD,$pMemory)", i could do that already in C++, but dont know if its possible via AutoItX ?

[left] [/left]

_SendMessage isn't in AutoitX, but it's not any problem if you are going to use C++ anyways.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms644950(VS.85).aspx

Thank you, yes as i said i have no problem sending the message,

let me ask my question better,

First we need to Send a Keystroke to the active window, Using SendInput(), i've looked at MSDN, but i did not found out how to use it, its a bit complicated for me !

Then we need to make sure that clipboard contains the data in our specific format (In this case CF_TEXT, IsClipboardFormatAvailable), then if yes, we need to Open clipboard for further actions (if opened return value is nonzero), then we need to get clipboard Data(GetClipboardData), return value is handle to clipboard object in specified format

Now what should i do to the Handle returned by this function ????

And for SetClipboardData Function, second parameter is a Handle, then handle to what ? what should i do to put the data into the clipboard(In this case i need to put the clipboard's data that clipboard contained before calling SendInput() back to the clipboard)

Thanks in advance,

Neverom

[left] [/left]