Floating Point Error

First of all, I love AutoIt. And hello AutoIt community.

I've been writing some scripts since yesterday, and I'm running into some errors.

When I started, there were no problems. I'm writing my scripts in SciTE downloaded from the AutoIt website. I am using the latest PR, but I also tried the latest Beta, but no change.

As I mentioned, no problems at start. I write/edit the script, hit F5 and the script goes. But after a few hours, I saw this Floating Point error coming up, but my script processed just fine, all the way to the end. I could live with it.

But now, the error comes up 3 times (one at a time), and the script goes on but SciTE exits and doesn't save the script.

I already tried a complete reinstall (SciTE and AutoIt), but after a few hours everything was stated as above.

The forumsearch gave me 2-3 topics about this, but none of them were solved.

I hope someone sees what's going on :) I'm running Windows XP MCE with SP2, Dutch.

Cheers,

Thomas

Code doesn't matter. Take a random example script from the docs, same story for each.

I have no idea and it sounds very strange.

I suggest you change the title of your post to include "SciTE crashes with Floating Point Error" so that the people who might know will take notice of this thread.

Also, post as much information as you can about the version of SciTE, and AutoIt, and give an example of which script from the help can cause a crash.

There are plenty of people in these forums who are Dutch so I would not expect your OS to be the problem.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

These guys have the same problem:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=floating+point

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...=floating+point

AutoIt: 3.3.0.0

Also tried it with beta 3.3.1.0

SciTE 1.78

When I compile the script into an .exe in SciTE, it gives me the errors but compiles the exe. But then, when starting the .exe, no errors at all!

And, on request, an example script:

MsgBox(0,"title","test")
Edited by masterprut

I did a reinstall, and everything was fine again.. But now I did a go compile (F5), and the same error is here again.

I'm now running on a WinXP SP2 (no MCE). I've got all the newest drivers etc.. No AV running.

Can I post something else, more information or something?

Cheers,

Thomas