"reload" in _IECreate? ... like in InetGet

Hey all,

This is my code:

$IEo = _IECreate("http://mysite.com/Example.txt" , 0 , 0)

$Read = _IEBodyReadText($IEo)

( "http://mysite.com/Example.txt" is just an example to show you what I mean)

As you can see from the code above, $IEo opens a web page from my own site with just normal text in it. Then, $Read reads the whole page... Everything is going ok except for the fact when I change the contents of my "Example.txt" , $Read still reads the old value (i.e. reads from my local cache)

So, I'm wondering if there is like the "reload" parameter like in InetGet that would help me out here.

Or maybe any other suggestions ?

Thanx for reading :)

[quote]#include <AutoIt.au3> [indent]$Nothing = Impossible[/quote] [/indent]

_IEAction($oIE, "refresh")

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

_IEAction($oIE, "refresh")

Still no good :)

I think _IEAction is refreshing from the cache...

Any other ideas, please?

Try

$oIE.refresh2(3)

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Try

$oIE.refresh2(3)

Dale

You Rock! :P

Thanx a lot for your support! :idea:

It's working perfect except for... one more problem :party:

The script does not pause for this "$oIE.refresh2(3)" but instead continues on...

I could have just put like Sleep() but, at the end, the refreshing speed depends on my internet connection.

Anyway, I just need the script to wait for "$oIE.refresh2(3)" before going to the next line. Just like "$f_wait" in _IECreate (if you need an example)

This may sound silly, but I've tried to look up this ".refresh2()" but couldn't find anything in the help files. So, I'm also wondering about what kind of function is it and how to fully use it. :)

Edited by Derak

Just add _IELoadWait($oIE) after it. Refresh2 is a method of the InternetExplorer object... see my sig for the link to MSDN

Dale

Just add _IELoadWait($oIE) after it. Refresh2 is a method of the InternetExplorer object... see my sig for the link to MSDN

Dale

That's what I'm looking for exactly!

It's working like a charm now :D

Thanx for your time, help and your useful sig as well, Dale. :D

Derak