grabbing ip cam output

I am doing a little gentle R&D at the moment (aint AutoIT great for that!)..

Essentially imagine you have an existing (non autoit) application at a given remote location and users using it, now imagine you have an IPCam covering that location. Further imagine the applicaiton talks to central server application that can run Add-ins when certain actions occur at the remote location....and the addin allows you to know which user ID performed the action ...now it would be very neat to have the addin grab an image from the IPCam stream and log it to a db (user id, location,date,time,image file).

Oh and there may be several locations with several cams so have to grab from several streams

Buildign the addin, the database access etc I am totally cool with where i am struggling is quite how to go about grabbing the cam feed code wise - given its got to be 'silent' i.e. i can have browser windows popping up and down etc...

Did a bit of a search and cam up pretty dry as im not talking about a web cam locally pc conected.

Just wondered if anyone else had done it, or had any good ideas....before i waste my time goign down the same 6 dead ends (plus a few of my own no doubt!) that they already had?

Thanks in advance

Edited by the kick inside

Yeh done that and most people seem to come up with the problem i have....if you dont want a broswer window poping up and your looking ata cam on a remote IP its a problem......been a few posts on the subject - oh well seems i need to see if i can find the same blind alleys and then hopefully a way to make it happen....

thanks for taking the time to reply anyway....