Window Ontop of an DirectX/OpenGL Api

Hi folks!

I started to program a chat and i want to add an "ingame" function with which the user is able to chat while he is playing a game (similar to Xfire).

I first thought of the topmost, but that won't work for games which are made with DirectX or OpenGL (so it won't work for nearly every 3D game :)).

I used google for hours but the only thing i found out is that this could be done by dll hooking (on which i didn't find any tutorials/a library for c++/DLLs/examples/UDFs)

Does anybody of you know an UDF/tutorials/a library for c++/DLLs/examples for making an windo ontop of a DirectX/OpenGL api?

(I'm not English, so there might be some grammar and spelling mistakes :party:)

Edited by DeathlyAssassin

[url='http://www.autoitbot.de'][/url]

You will be banned if I hear of you having PMed another user about this. Do not PM users asking for help. Consider yourself lucky, the last person who pulled this stupid stunt was banned.

Edit: And especially don't PM developers. Is it not enough that we make the language? Must we write your scripts for you, too?

Edited by Valik

I gave both of them a try and this is very close to what I expect, but the first UDF is for making OpenGL programms and not putting a window on top of it and with the second one it's the same but with DirectX... anyway, these are very nice UDFs :D

Does anyone have some other suggestions?

Wrte a plugIn for gamepe :D

Edited by ProgAndy

*GERMAN* [note: you are not allowed to remove author / modified info from my UDFs]My UDFs:[_SetImageBinaryToCtrl] [_TaskDialog] [AutoItObject] [Animated GIF (GDI+)] [ClipPut for Image] [FreeImage] [GDI32 UDFs] [GDIPlus Progressbar] [Hotkey-Selector] [Multiline Inputbox] [MySQL without ODBC] [RichEdit UDFs] [SpeechAPI Example] [WinHTTP]UDFs included in AutoIt: FTP_Ex (as FTPEx), _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes

@Valik: I'm very sorry, I didn't know that I'm not allowed to do this..

It's called common sense. I suggest you start using it. You will not last long here if you do not use common sense.

Let me have some time to give this a try :D

I thing this might work(even if i have no source code and there are no command lines) , but nevertheless has anyone else a good idea for solving my problem?

• 2 months later...

Hi folks!

I started to program a chat and i want to add an "ingame" function with which the user is able to chat while he is playing a game (similar to Xfire).

I first thought of the topmost, but that won't work for games which are made with DirectX or OpenGL (so it won't work for nearly every 3D game :().

I used google for hours but the only thing i found out is that this could be done by dll hooking (on which i didn't find any tutorials/a library for c++/DLLs/examples/UDFs)

Does anybody of you know an UDF/tutorials/a library for c++/DLLs/examples for making an windo ontop of a DirectX/OpenGL api?

(I'm not English, so there might be some grammar and spelling mistakes :()

Hey this is what I am tying to do! This currently seems not to be possible in autoit (And AutoitX, if I can get it working). There are lots of sites (If I get the go a head from a mod I will add links) that do a lot of gaming hacking that draw menus and text in C++. However, autoit (Not X for some stupid reason!) does support Win API draw text, images, and more (msgboxes). However I would like this in a format that I can use in a dll...

Hope It helps! >_<

Edited by sniper120

Clearly you aren't that smart. If you're using AutoItX you already know how to call dll functions. That's all the WinApi is.

The thing is that I have tried many many times to get advanced code to run with DEV-C++ and Vis C++. I have the DirectX SDK, and I have searched up on the internet about calling a dll. Calling a dll in C++ is like trying to read assembler. It doesn't make sence! If you could post some code that calls the dll needed for winapi to work and show some text, I would appreciate that! For now I'm trying to get autoit x to work...

Thanks!

Calling dlls in C++ is EASIER than in AutoIt.

Which function are you trying to call? There are plenty of things that will show text.

The one in autoit "_WinAPI_DrawText" I noticed in the UDF that I need to call "User32.dll".

EDIT: Is there a one to draw over a full screened game? That is what I am mainly interested in.

Here is the autoit code:

Func _WinAPI_DrawText($hDC, $sText, ByRef $tRect, $iFlags)
    Local $aResult

$aResult = DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "DrawText", "hwnd", $hDC, "str", $sText, "int", -1, "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tRect), "int", $iFlags)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, 0, 0)
    Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc   ;==>_WinAPI_DrawText

Thanks! >_<

Edited by sniper120

Quick C++.

#include "windows.h"

void main()
{
    HDC hDC = NULL; // set this
    LPCTSTR lpchText = "Something"; // set this
    int nCount = -1;
    RECT rect;