Compiled scripts and error line number

Hi everyone.

Im using autoit 3.3.0.0

I would like to know if line numbers can be displayed when an error occurs on a compiled script..

Im running the script at the end of this post, but the line number is always -1 . Am I doing somethign wrong?

thanks in advance

Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc")

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; Com Error Handler

;----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Func MyErrFunc()

Local $HexNumber

Local $strMsg

$HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.Number, 8)

$strMsg = "Error Number: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF

$strMsg &= "WinDescription: " & $oMyError.WinDescription & @CRLF

$strMsg &= "Script Line: " & $oMyError.ScriptLine & @CRLF

MsgBox(0, "ERROR", $strMsg)

SetError(1)

Endfunc

$test = 0

MsgBox(0,"test","test",$test[0])

Hi everyone.

Im using autoit 3.3.0.0

I would like to know if line numbers can be displayed when an error occurs on a compiled script..

Im running the script at the end of this post, but the line number is always -1 . Am I doing somethign wrong?

thanks in advance

Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error","MyErrFunc")

; Com Error Handler

Func MyErrFunc()

Local $HexNumber

Local $strMsg

$HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.Number, 8)

$strMsg = "Error Number: " & $HexNumber & @CRLF

$strMsg &= "WinDescription: " & $oMyError.WinDescription & @CRLF

$strMsg &= "Script Line: " & $oMyError.ScriptLine & @CRLF

MsgBox(0, "ERROR", $strMsg)

SetError(1)

Endfunc

$test = 0

MsgBox(0,"test","test",$test[0])

you have a MsgBox to display $test[0], but $test[0] was never set to my knowledge?

you have a MsgBox to display $test[0], but $test[0] was never set to my knowledge?

Yes, that was on purpose so the scripts throws an error... but that is not my problem, the problem is that when I run that script compiled I dont get the line number where the error is generated

Yes, that was on purpose so the scripts throws an error... but that is not my problem, the problem is that when I run that script compiled I dont get the line number where the error is generated

So add a func to help you debug.

Use "half splitting" with this line _dbgTIP(6)

Global $line
Global $oMyError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "MyErrFunc")

_dbgTIP(6)
MsgBox(0, "test", "test", $test[0])

Func MyErrFunc()
    ;nothing
EndFunc   ;==>MyErrFunc

Func _dbgTIP($line)
    TrayTip("", $line, 100)
    Sleep(10000)
EndFunc   ;==>_dbgTIP

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

...the problem is that when I run that script compiled I dont get the line number where the error is generated

No, the problem is, you shouldn't be running a compiled version of a script until you've thoroughly tested it by running it non-compiled.

No, the problem is, you shouldn't be running a compiled version of a script until you've thoroughly tested it by running it non-compiled.

$var = "C:\temp\devicetable.log"
FileInstall("C:\devicetable.log", $var)
Are there other AutoIt functions that only "work" in non-compiled scripts when used with the improper syntax?

@OP,

Are you using FileInstall somewhere in your code?

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

$var = "C:\temp\devicetable.log"
FileInstall("C:\devicetable.log", $var)
Are there other AutoIt functions that only "work" in non-compiled scripts when used with the improper syntax?
Is there something wrong with the syntax in your example?
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.