Runas

I'm having a problem getting my MSI that resides on a network share to execute with the Runas function:

This works:

RunAs('localadmin', @ComputerName, 'pw', 0, "msiexec /i c:\abc.msi" /qb ALLUSERS=1", @SystemDir)

This does not work:

RunAs('localadmin', @ComputerName, 'pw', 0, "msiexec /i \\server\volume\directory\abc.msi /qb ALLUSERS=1", @SystemDir)

I gather the 'localadmin' account cannot see the server share but I don't know what I need to do to resolve the problem. I need to access the MSI with the logged in domain user account but use the credentials of the local admin account to install the MSI. Can anyone help? I'm new to scripting so...ya know...nuff said.

Yeah...I think I mentioned it works locally in my original post. The problem is I don't want to have to copy the MSI locally - it's fairly big and I have over 1500 workstations. There must be a way to achieve this.

I gather the 'localadmin' account cannot see the server share but I don't know what I need to do to resolve the problem. I need to access the MSI with the logged in domain user account but use the credentials of the local admin account to install the MSI. Can anyone help? I'm new to scripting so...ya know...nuff said.

You are right. localadmin cannot access the server share. You don't have too many choices:

1) Either use a domain account that have admin right on all domain computers and the server share

2) Before using RunAs() copy the msi to the computer, install with RunAs using the code below and then delete the msi.

3) Which I don't like to do. Give everyone permission to the server share.

RunAs('localadmin', @ComputerName, 'pw', 0, "msiexec /i c:\abc.msi" /qb ALLUSERS=1", @SystemDir)
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

You are right. localadmin cannot access the server share. You don't have too many choices:

1) Either use a domain account that have admin right on all domain computers and the server share

2) Before using RunAs() copy the msi to the computer, install with RunAs using the code below and then delete the msi.

3) Which I don't like to do. Give everyone permission to the server share.

I normally do #3, but its a specific folder that is shared exactly for that purpose, though I am normally using it to uninstall things.

"Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain; something of equal value must be lost."The Help File is truly your friend.