Open EXE hidden and another problem

Hi,

I have, what i hope, are some very simple questions i would appreciate some assistance with.

Can anyone please point out to me why the following line does not open the Sounds & Audio Device Properties window as a hidden window?

ShellExecute('RunDll32.exe','Shell32.Dll,Control_RunDLL mmsys.cpl,,2','','',@SW_HIDE)oÝ÷ ØÛhmæëhr§ëay×jém²§v­¦ë]{­­¶§yç_¢»azZɶʷ«yúè¯x-¢·¬µªímçè­ç^µç-x-êÞ+-¯'!jx±8b²+-ê',Ê'ø§vÝ¢)à²áȬ¶¡×¢²ë¶h²Ú²'"z0ü¨ºIèÁ¦Þ¶×«Á¬¨}Ú"­fjY^j»ºÚ"µÍÚ[ÛYH  ÑÕRPÛÛXÐÞ]LÉÝÂÚ[ÛYH  ÑÝZPÛÛÝ[Ñ^]LÉÝÂÜ
    ][ÝÕÚ[]SX]Ú[ÙI][ÝË
BÕRPÜX]J  ][ÝÕÝ    ][ÝË
BÌÍÙÛÈHÕRPÝÜX]P]Û  ][ÝÑÛÉ][ÝË
BÕRTÙ]Ý]J
BÚ[HBIÌÍÛÙÈHÕRQÙ]ÙÊ
BTÝÚ]Ú   ÌÍÛÙÂBPØÙH   ÌÍÙÛÂBBTÚ[^XÝ]J  ÌÎNÔ[Ì^IÌÎNË ÌÎNÔÚ[ÌÛÛÛÔ[[ÞËÜÌÎNË ÌÎNÉÌÎNË  ÌÎNÉÌÎNËÕ×ÒQJBBBWÛXZ[
BBPØÙH    ÌÍÑÕRWÑUSÐÓÔÑBBBBQ^]Q[ÝÚ]ÚÑ[[ÈÓXZ[
BSØØ[ ÌÍÝ[Ë   ÌÍÐÛÛXË   ÌÍÜÕ^TÛY

HÜÛÝÈH[Ý[ÛÝÛXØ]ÙH]ÈÛÈÝIÌÍÞÚHÚ[Ù][J  ÌÎNÔÛÝ[È[]Y[È]XÙÈÜYÉÌÎNÊBPÛÛÛÛUÜ]J   ÌÎNÉÌÍÞÚ ÌÎNÉ[ÉÌÍÞÚ  [ÐÔBIÌÍÐÛÛXÈHÛÛÛÙ][J    ÌÍÞÚ    ÌÎNÉÌÎNË  ÌÎNÖÐÓTÔÎÛÛXÐÞÈSÕSÑNWIÌÎNÊBPÛÛÛÛUÜ]J  ÌÎNÉÌÍÐÛÛXΠ   ÌÎNÉ[ÉÌÍÐÛÛXÉ[ÐÔBRYÑÕRPÝÛÛXÐÞÑÙ]ÛÛXÐÞ[Ê   ÌÍÐÛÛXË   ÌÍÝ[ÊH[BIÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[ÛHÑÕRPÝÛÛXÐÞÑÙ]ÝÙ[
    ÌÍÐÛÛXÊBÙXYÊBIÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[Û^HÑÕRPÝÛÛXÐÞÑÙ]^
    ÌÍÐÛÛXË   ÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[Û ÌÍÜÕ^
BBPÛÛÛÛUÜ]J    ÌÎNÒQQÔHÙ[XÝ[Û   ÌÎNÉ[ÉÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[Û[È    ÌÎNÈ^    ÌÎNÉ[ÉÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[Û^  [ÐÔBÊÜY[Y[HÚ[ÙHÜÝÛÚ[HÚ[ÙYBRY    ÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[ÛH[BBIÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[ÛHHBQ[ÙRY    ÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[ÛHH[BBIÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[ÛHBQ[ÙBBBBBBIÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[ÛHBBQ[YÊBWÑÕRPÝÛÛXÐÞÔÙ]ÝÙ[
    ÌÍÐÛÛXË   ÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[ÛBÑXYÊBIÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[ÛHÑÕRPÝÛÛXÐÞÑÙ]ÝÙ[
    ÌÍÐÛÛXÊBBIÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[Û^HÑÕRPÝÛÛXÐÞÑÙ]^
BBPÛÛÛÛUÜ]J    ÌÎNÒQQTÙ[XÝ[Û ÌÎNÉ[ÉÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[Û[È    ÌÎNÈ^    ÌÎNÉ[ÉÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[Û^  [ÐÔBÊQ[YPÛÛÛÛXÚÊ   ÌÍÞÚ    ÌÎNÉÌÎNË  ÌÎNÖÐÓTÔÎ]ÛÈSÕSÑNLWIÌÎNË  ÌÎNÔ[XIÌÎNÊHØÛXÚÈÚÂ[[

Also can someone in the know, please explain if its possible to read a specific area of an application and replicate it onto an AutoIT GUI?

The problem i'm having is that im trying to read a timer from within a Delphi application, however, the text for this timer, which appears to be a label, does not output anything that i can grab. I have tried using the Window Info Tool, but as i said, there is nothing shown. I can only assume that whatever the control is in Delphi, it has no handle that i can use.

Therefore the only other way i can think of to get the text is to just grab that specific area of the application that has the timer on it and have a label i can Adlib a GuiCtrlSetData onto to update it.

I've thought about using TimerDiff etc to create my own timers, but its to do with voice recording and i need it to be exactly the same time as the original timer, and i cant get teh timer to kick off the instant the other timer starts.

yeah i can change the settings using this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Multimedia\Sound Mapper\Playback however, the application has to be restarted to pickup the change because its only read on opening.

Edit, meant to say but got distracted :D

The method i use above does allow the sound device to be changed on the fly, and only requires the sound being played be stopped and started for the output to change. But as i said, it's messy to have the Control Panel applet flash up and close again.

Edited by Azazash

thanks for responding to my query, but no it's not my application, its a 3rd party delphi 3 voice recorder application and i'm trying to overlay some volume controls onto it. The overlay works fine but its getting the overlay to interface with windows that the problem.

I spotted my mistake with the _GUICtrlComboBox_GetLBText function, i was outputting the wrong variable...

I was calling this

$selectiontext = _GUICtrlComboBox_GetLBText($Combo, $selection, $sText)
ConsoleWrite('IDX BEFORE Selection: '&$selection& '   Text: '&$selectiontext &@CRLF)oÝ÷ Û^+!¢é]«Þmç§q©ex-+ºÚ"µÍÑÕRPÝÛÛXÐÞÑÙ]^
BÛÛÛÛUÜ]J  ÌÎNÒQQÔHÙ[XÝ[Û   ÌÎNÉ[ÉÌÍÜÙ[XÝ[Û[È    ÌÎNÈ^    ÌÎNÉ[ÉÌÍÜÕ^ [ÐÔ