How can I export registry keys?

I am looking for a way to export a registry key to a reg file. The file type really doesn't matter too much just as long as I can read it and email it. Is what im trying to accomplish possible?

Micah C

I am looking for a way to export a registry key to a reg file. The file type really doesn't matter too much just as long as I can read it and email it. Is what im trying to accomplish possible?

Micah C

ShellExecuteWait("regedit.exe","/e 2.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PopCap",@ScriptDir & "\")

This example will export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PopCap" to a file named "2.reg" to the same folder you are running the script from.just change "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PopCap" to what you want and you can change "@ScriptDir & "\" to where you want .And of course you can name it something besides 2.reg as well.

Edited by froufrou

Just another quick question came to mind. Its probrally documented somewhere, but for the sake of time I will ask here. If I want to attache all files in a directory with the *.reg extension how would I go about doing that? Any help is greatly appreciated.

ORIGINAL Attachment script:

$s_AttachFiles = "" ; the file you want to attach- leave blank if not needed

What im thinking... but its not working!

$s_AttachFiles = "*.reg" ; the file you want to attach- leave blank if not needed

Are you crazy ? Read the documentation, what do you mean "for the sake of time"

And don't bump after just an hour !!!

If you just want to append one file to the other you can read the help file for file operations. Or in one batch command :

copy destination.reg firstfile.reg+secondfile.reg+thirdfile.reg

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the bump only after an hour. My bad, I should have done research on my own. I am having troubles copying a reg key. I want to copy:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676

The whole key. For some reason

ShellExecuteWait("regedit.exe","/e Outlook.reg HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676 ",@ScriptDir & "\")

Is not working when attempting to export the key. Any help is appreciated.