Local Weather Script

Squirrely1

Here is a script I started working on about 2 1/2 years ago. A compiled version has survived some rigorous testing - but the script will probably not work in some countries due to the extended ASCII character problem found in another thread on the topic of googleweather (written by nobbe I think).

Included within the .zip file, the image file should be unzipped to the same folder, the two includes files _IniFile.au3 and _ConnectSq.au3 go in your "includes library" else you should just put all four files in the same folder and change lines 103 & 104 within WeatherTraySq.au3

from...

#include <_IniFile.au3>
#include <_ConnectSq.au3>

to...

#include "_IniFile.au3"
#include "_ConnectSq.au3"

The Stuff:

Enjoy the spring weather while it lasts!

Edited by Squirrely1

Das Häschen benutzt Radar

Hi can you provide further instructions on how to use.

I started it. Asked for a weather station and defaulted to Portland US.

When typing in a new location. The sky's the limit. Could you set it up with a input mask. ie. City/Province or State/Country.

When I typed Timmins Canada it crashed.

picea892 - type this in...

Timmins, Canada

If that doesn't work, type in just the name of a larger city or town nearby - if a dialog with a dropdown box comes up, use it to choose which Portland to use, Portland, Oregon or Portland, Maine. Then click on Refresh Weather Data.

You can click anywhere on that MSN window to close it.

Hi can you provide further instructions on how to use.

I started it. Asked for a weather station and defaulted to Portland US.

When typing in a new location. The sky's the limit. Could you set it up with a input mask. ie. City/Province or State/Country.

When I typed Timmins Canada it crashed.

almost anything that requires state/province fail on more than the 2 letter abbreviation. Timmins on or Timmins ca should have worked

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

For locations within the United States, a five-digit zipcode works best. But London, United Kingdom worked for me.

For Düsseldorf, Germany - Use English letters... Dusseldorf, Germany

For Hamburg, Federal Republic of Germany (Bundesrepublik Deutschland) - use "Hamburg, Germany"

For city names of more than one word, like Tel Aviv, you can maybe go to http://www.weather.com and get the city code from the url "ISXX0026" and edit the ini file.

I guess the script could use some work.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Edited by Squirrely1