to wait until window is finished

I have searched and haven't found a solution.

I want my script to wait until a window is finished loading.

Script:

If WinExists("PowerDesk ->") Then

Else

Run("C:\Program Files\PowerDesk\Pdexplo.exe", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

EndIf

Here is where I want the script to wait until this enhanced windows explorer "pdexplo.exe" is finished displaying all the files the folder contains.

I have tried winwaitactive and the script continues as soon as the titlebar shows "PowerDesk ->"

I have tried winwaitnotactive and the script never continues.

Help would be greatly appreciated...

Ok look at the status bar immediately after opening the program. Then see what's different about it once everything has loaded completely. I don't have that program so I couldn't tell you... ControlGetText() will let you read the text from the status bar, you need the WindowInfoTool to give you the ClassName or ControlID of those controls to use as one of the parameters of ControlGetText(). Is this program free so I can download and try to help you out?

Ok look at the status bar immediately after opening the program. Then see what's different about it once everything has loaded completely. I don't have that program so I couldn't tell you... ControlGetText() will let you read the text from the status bar, you need the WindowInfoTool to give you the ClassName or ControlID of those controls to use as one of the parameters of ControlGetText(). Is this program free so I can download and try to help you out?

Unfortunatley the program is not free...

If I use the autoit windows info for this programs window, I see this... (attachment)

post-97-1244222094_thumb.jpg

The drive letter "C:" would always be the same, but the other info - files, bytes etc. would be different....

You're going to have to get a little creative I think. I made a mistake, you want StatusBarGetText(), not ControlGetText.

I think I have it now... I am testing at the moment.. I'll post the result ina few minutes... Thanks!

I think I have it now... I am testing at the moment.. I'll post the result ina few minutes... Thanks!

Thanks for your help... This works:

If WinExists("PowerDesk ->") Then

Else

Run("C:\Program Files\PowerDesk\Pdexplo.exe", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)

EndIf

winwaitactive("PowerDesk ->")

$x = "XX"

while $x <> "C:"

$x = StringLeft ( StatusbarGetText("PowerDesk ->"), 2 )

wend