I'm lost...

Nino

My friend decides to start a hosting company, he knows a lot about computers and such, but we're having dificulty with one issue. Since the hosting is obviously not done in one of our houses, we need to be able to access all the info from the sever. Each computer automatically logs data into a file(text and possibly pictures, it is updated every x amount of minutes), but we need it to be sent to the admin email address :)

I've been looking on google for help on how to do this... but it ins't working out too well because I have no clue on where to start or what to do. Can anyone please point me into the right direction? Basically I want to send this file/picture to the admin support email address so that we can help customers.

Thanks for any help

My friend decides to start a hosting company, he knows a lot about computers and such, but we're having dificulty with one issue. Since the hosting is obviously not done in one of our houses, we need to be able to access all the info from the sever. Each computer automatically logs data into a file(text and possibly pictures, it is updated every x amount of minutes), but we need it to be sent to the admin email address  :) 

I've been looking on google for help on how to do this... but it ins't working out too well because I have no clue on where to start or what to do. Can anyone please point me into the right direction? Basically I want to send this file/picture to the admin support email address so that we can help customers.

Thanks for any help

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Set up a windows timer through the task scheduler to run an autoit script that packages the logs and/or pics into a .zip file and then uses.... oh, what's the name of that free command line e-mailer.... Blat that's it... Click the link and check it out.

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Do you have any idea what operating system the servers are running? I believe that most professional servers don't run a Windows operating system, making AutoIt unusable for the task. What kind of hosting are you talking about? Web hosting? If it's web hosting, you could write some script (not AutoIt) to be placed on the server where you can choose logs and pictures to view. Even some sort of file management system is possible if you know the right stuff, or even if you just use pre-written open source scripts, there's lots of stuff out there. Personally, I have a web server running on my home computer (http://rks.no-ip.com) I have administration scripts that I can access from other places. I made one script that acts like a command line. I can read, copy, delete, whatever I want from anywhere that has the internet.

It's web hosting, game hosting, and some voice hosting (such as goteamspeak.org). It is broken down into preference, meaning, both windows and linux. I don't think the linux will be a problem because my partner is very familiar with linux(he's the anti windows guy, Mac OS and Linux only). Basically, I'm left with the window's operation on this one, and as you can tell, i've been lost :)

I've looked at Blat, but I don't see any 'how to set up/use' in the readme. Is there any commands/functions in AutoIt to send emails?

Edited by Nino

Nope, no built in AutoIt functions. As far as I know, you'll need to have an email server established somewhere, then you can use something like Blat. BTW, where did you get Blat? I did a search for it, and downloaded a file and found this in the readme:

INSTALLATION:

If you are upgrading from version 1.2 or later, simply copy Blat.exe
over the old one. Blat no longer needs gensock.dll or gwinsock.dll. You
can delete these unless another application you use requires them.

If you are upgrading from Blat 1.1 or 1.0 (phew!) or you never used Blat
before you can follow these steps:

1) Copy the file "Blat.exe" to your "\WINNT\SYSTEM32" directory, or to
   any other directory in your path.

2) Optionaly, run "Blat -install smtp.yoursite.tld youruserid@yoursite.tld"

I think that covers "how to setup." And as for "how to use" there's the syntax.txt.

Grab the one I'm using from here: http://www.blat.net/

*Edit: Un-vague-ified a bit.

Edited by Saunders