C# Books & Sites

Jon

• Administrators

I'm still playing with C# and .NET and wanted to list some resources I've found useful so far.

Books:

• "Pro C# 2008 and the NET 3.5 Platform, 4th Edition", Andrew Troelsen - A massive book that I find it useful and frustrating at the same time as it can seem a bit wordy and example heavy (and sometimes each example looks identical to the last). I'm using it as a general read and then when I get confused on a topic I'm searching/checking other resource to try and make it clear.
  • "C# 3.0 Pocket Reference", Joseph & Ben Albahari. Pretty much the opposite of the above. It's a tiny 240 page pocket sized book that cuts all the crap and just describes a concept and shows a simple example. I'm actually finding it more useful than the big book above. Focused on C# concepts rather than .NET. And it's super cheap! :D I'm actually going to see if there is a C++ version as well.
Sites:

• TBC

• Administrators

• "C# 3.0 Pocket Reference", Joseph & Ben Albahari. Pretty much the opposite of the above. It's a tiny 240 page pocket sized book that cuts all the crap and just describes a concept and shows a simple example. I'm actually finding it more useful than the big book above. Focused on C# concepts rather than .NET. And it's super cheap! :D I'm actually going to see if there is a C++ version as well.
These three from Amazon just arrived as well:

All look to be as equally useful as the C# one. Maybe I'll finally get around to understanding Regular Expressions now :D It looks to have specific sections for .NET/Pcre/PHP/Perl style regexps as well which will be handy.

• 2 months later...