Question about registry SID

Lets say right now my SID is "S-1-5-21-123456789-321654987-321654987-3214" :D

What if i reinstall OS but using same Computer name and Username 100% identical Install.

Would that give me same registry SID or it will be different ?

Program writes registry entries under "S-1-5-21-123456789-321654987-321654987-3214"

Then program reads them. If entries not there program will quit.

SO :D

What if i save this whole "S-1-5-21-123456789-321654987-321654987-3214" registry key into file.reg and then export it into registry after reinstalling OS, would program work ? (would it look for its entries in the old SID or it will look in current SID which might be different after reinstalling OS i think)

?????????????????

if you make a clone of the HDD the SID will remain the same, if you install over / format / wipe the HDD then the SID will change. If you want to prevent this when installing a clone you can get sysprep from microsoft (its free if i remember right) and it will prevent duplicate SIDs

Edited by LurchMan

Dating a girl is just like writing software. Everything's going to work just fine in the testing lab (dating), but as soon as you have contract with a customer (marriage), then your program (life) is going to be facing new situations you never expected. You'll be forced to patch the code (admit you're wrong) and then the code (wife) will just end up all bloated and unmaintainable in the end.