Oracle forms automation

HI All,

We are in process of Automating Oracle based forms for one of out product.

Since we are new to automating Oracle apps forms...any help would be really appreciated...

Sandeep

If it's your product, couldn't you just pass the data directly to the same stored procedures the form would, without the GUI?

(IANADBA, so feel free to tell me if that's a stupid question.)

Assuming you must deal with the GUI, what do you see when you check it out with AU3Info.exe? Does it find valid control classes, etc.?

:D

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

If it's your product, couldn't you just pass the data directly to the same stored procedures the form would, without the GUI?

(IANADBA, so feel free to tell me if that's a stupid question.)

Assuming you must deal with the GUI, what do you see when you check it out with AU3Info.exe? Does it find valid control classes, etc.?

hey,

Info window just shows me the window name.Apart from that nothing...no controls.

We have automated many things using Shortcuts ,keyboard controls and finally Mouse co-ordinates..We have included OCR's too at some place for Validation,

But more help on this would be really great.

hey,

Info window just shows me the window name.Apart from that nothing...no controls.

We have automated many things using Shortcuts ,keyboard controls and finally Mouse co-ordinates..We have included OCR's too at some place for Validation,

But more help on this would be really great.

If the app uses owner-drawn controls (not drawn by standard Windows APIs), as indicated by not getting any info in AU3Info.exe, then AutoIt may not be much help to you in automating the GUI. We have some old ColdFusion MX stuff that is horrible for that.

My other suggestion about bypassing the GUI wasn't helpful?

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law