hi its been awhile and I need help

Hi thanks for reading. I downloaded the new autoit. I think the first and only version I used was over 5 years ago.

Here's the thing. I have tried everything to get my twitter password back and everything, everything. It's been two weeks really. Don't know why but I was following over 5000 people. The best I can do is use my new account on twitter and refollow all of them by looking at my old profiles "following" section. They will know it is me because my name is similar and the pic is relatively the sameish.

Can I get some guidance or something? I know if this were 5 years ago I could whip something up in less than 5 minutes.

Here is what I need to do

in case you don't have twitter this is what the bottom of the page looks like.

Posted Image

There are 20 of the follow buttons on each page. I need to

1; click "left"

2; scroll down "1"

3; and also move the mouse down slightly

4; loop 1-3 until all are followed

5; Hit the next button on the bottom right

6; move the mouse back up (in order to keep the mouse from eventually being on the bottom of the screen)

7; repeat 1 - 6 until done.

I am soooo sorry I can't figure this out but it might take me a whole day to refollow everyone. I can offer to snail mail a few dollars (no credit cards or bank account) for this. I read twitter rules and they say nothing about autoit or anything similar being against the rules.

Matter of fact, even though I know this was easy when I knew the basics, I have a 5 in my pocket and you can tell me what to do with it for a decent script that will end after it is done with an alarm sound or something. I can donate to autoit or send to you for your troubles.

There is a couple of things to keep in mind however.

There might be times when the mouse runs into someone I am already following (I got some people back already)

There might be those people, when the mouse clicks "follow" it will say they have to authorize it first.

thats it =]

oh wait, when I was good I would have -forgot how to say it- searched the area below for the follow button. If it wasnt there I would search the bottom right for the next, you get the idea.. It's prbably not even the best way but I could have done that easily back then.

Edited by TheWideMovement

ok to show you I am trying this is all I have but here:

$answer = MsgBox(4, "AutoIt Example", "this will refollow your friends on twitter.  Refollow?")
If $answer = 7 Then
    MsgBox(0, "AutoIt", "no prob maybe next time")
    Exit
EndIf
MouseClick ("left")
MouseWheel("down", 1)
$sum = 10

For $i = 5 to 1 Step 
Next

after mouse wheel I actually have no idea what is happening =[

man that is so sad. I could have made something in less than 5 minute when I knew how to write in autoit

can't even hint some key words to search or whatever.

I figure I will just hit and miss with search engines until I find a place that actually has a proper tutorial

msgbox = tutorial examples will be divided by a message box including what line the associated codes are in the script

1-moving the mouse up, down, left right

tutorial example 2 - clicking right left, middle, etc

3 - combine mouse move and mouse down

4 - open whatever

5 - checksum and search for pixel

6 - etc on the basics

would be user friendly to write something like that and would take less than 5% of the time as it would for every last person with little experience.

I've written game bots and helped people on this very forum with things in PMs

I dont see the mr clean avatar from larry anymore

anyways peace out thanks for helping me "build character"

I could have written something like this in 2 minutes without having to refer to anything and none of you can provide a hint, and you're probably more skilled than I was.

a very, simple, script, with no basic tutorial, takes me hours and you 2 minutes

thanks big time

please ban me otherwise I will end up in a rage or something

simple mouse controls was all I needed, I am not looking to reacquaint myself with elaborate complex scripting.

If no one here can really bear to lift a finger to save me hours of relearning this for one single basic script I nicely asked for help with, you can assure yourself I wont bump anything here in the future.

edit: actually, I would have no reason to be here after I had help accept to extend the courtesy of a thank you

whatever thanks anyways.. sad to say it but google is more helpful than the actual source forum..

Edited by TheWideMovement

Was the forum like this when you where here before?

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

not really, I remember being helpful and I respected Larry. I offered to hire him to teach me things because he was kind of near my apartment he just helped anyways, usually with premade scripts but still.. help was common compared to how much was given in this thread.

Had I titled it better, sure maybe a better response. I would have been more specific but I was being precautious to not say twitter even though their rules dont forbid programs. (if they found out they may block my new account though)

anyways, I should have titled it "help with basic mouse commands, a loop, and a way to stop when we get to the last page"

oh well, google search tomorrow I guess.