Can AutoIT Restore From System Tray?

I would like to know:

Q1: Can AutoIT restore applications that are residing in the system tray?

Q2: What's the difference between ControlDisable & GUICtrlSetState(+disable)?

Q3: Is there any faster way of getting support and learning this kewl proggie ( I am learning all I can from the guide / help file)?

Thanks in advance.

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

A1. No. Unless you want to try mouseclick, which is not suitable for the systray.

A2. ControlDisable can interact with windows. GUICtrlSetState(+disable) interacts within scripts, for Au3 created Gui's.

A3. Learn from the manual, do small scripts, and expand as your intrepretation of the language will allow. When you get stuck, post here for help.

I would like to know:

Q4: how I save a value in memory when a user clicks the save button? - something like a save settings button. Once this is saved I would like to use this value elsewhere in the program.

A) Hotkey will be Shift + Ctrl + User defined key

:) User presses key and label is updated with the letter / key

C) I want to then take this value that is shown in the box and actually assign it to a hotkey

I understand that I would assign it to a variable or something ( I am such a noob). I would like to understand all about functions and variables etc do you know of any good information to read? I would read about other languages but I don't know what ones are relative to auto.. what is auto based on, which language?

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

A4. Autoit is a "basic" language, the best material to learn it, is in the help file. Look at the example of FileSaveDialog. This should answer your question of storing the value, into a variable. $var stores the return value of the FileSaveDialog function. Once it is stored in $var, you can do an action, by what it's contents are.

Kewl ty will do