Program Error or Programmer Error?

Okay, so, i have realized that with some scripts of mine that i make, they wont work on certain programs. I tried to use the Keylogger that comes with AutoIt and Scite, but that doesnt record the keystrokes that i make when i am in a certain window. I have realizes, that in some of my games, the Keylogger doesnt work. It acts as if i haven't dont a thing. Why is this?

Okay, then maybe another question. Is there a control that can "read"? I looked through all of the controls, and didnt find anything useful. Is there a control that will take a look at a pre-determined box ((top,right,bottom,left) <--- all that jazz) and then "read" the information in that box? Or is this something that has to be human-done? I am trying to make my own "Find", but i cant seem to get it to work quite like the ctrl + F seems to work, ot get mine to work at all for that matter...

Search your own program or another program like firefox,notepad?

If your trying to read capcha or how it's called, you'll need to be very good in math lol

Edited by Zisly

I just want to make my own reading program. It would be able to read anything on the screen, but, the only way i can think of doing this is to go pixel by pixel, and then tell it what letter to type in if all of the pixels are in a certain arrangement (like letters). I was just wondering if there would be an easier way, because the way that i am thinking of would be time consuming

I just want to make my own reading program. It would be able to read anything on the screen, but, the only way i can think of doing this is to go pixel by pixel, and then tell it what letter to type in if all of the pixels are in a certain arrangement (like letters). I was just wondering if there would be an easier way, because the way that i am thinking of would be time consuming

there are some examples in the forum about that, search tesseract or OCR