Running in tray on server

Thanks for the reply.

Sadly, that's what I have done. But on a server, if I log in using my account and start up the application, other users cannot see it when they log in. I need it to be persistent for all users. (there is no GUI at all - only a tray icon with some tray options).

Edited by JonnyThunder

Not helpful. Would I be posting on a help forum if I hadn't already had a scan through the help file? Plus, posting comments like that assumes that a person knows what to search for in the documentation which is usually half the battle. That's kind of like telling me to look up the meaning for a word in the dictionary, when I don't know what the word is that I'm looking for.

I can't see mention anywhere in the documents regarding server use of AutoIt. I can see lots of documentation about the tray icon, and none (that I have found) mentions multiple users on a server.

Not helpful. Would I be posting on a help forum if I hadn't already had a scan through the help file?

Surprisingly a lot of people do.

Plus, posting comments like that assumes that a person knows what to search for in the documentation which is usually half the battle. That's kind of like telling me to look up the meaning for a word in the dictionary, when I don't know what the word is that I'm looking for.

Use the help file and look at the Tray functions.

I can't see mention anywhere in the documents regarding server use of AutoIt. I can see lots of documentation about the tray icon, and none (that I have found) mentions multiple users on a server.

You just run a service on a server just like a computer. Just run the program on all of the client computers too?

Lol.... okay okay. Lets start again. Is there any way to do this WITHOUT a service. Or are services the only way that apps can be run between various users without reloading them?

I'm not quite sure actually. You want to run one program where all users have access to it?

Will the program share the same data?

p.s. That IS a very good point. :D Thankfully I'm not one of them. I just thought the whole way of using an autoit program as a service is messy (read it in the FAQ). Wondered if there was a cleaner way to do it.

We'll try.