Does autoit has explorer ?

Working on simple FTP client program and want to add 2 windows/same GUI elements that will display file browsers for client and from connected server but i cant find anything in help file that would lead me to it.

i tried Explorer browser window and nothing useful comes back.

no it does not get any more simpler then this

I am not trying to execute anything, i am working on FTP client and i need 2 file browser windows one for client side and another for server.

Client side will display local files/folders and server side will display connected FTP servers files/folders.

i that case, if we dont suceed in finding out the explorer object embedding technology yet,

for the start off, you could populate the folder contents into a list view and start using it ???

and i am soon posting a udf to list all right click (context menu) options for a file in question. (stumbled on the info i was looking for since a while ago...)

I have found that if you use Internet Explorer and give it a folder, it will open just like the Windows Explorer

Posted Image

.. Done with my EzSkin 1-2-3 Program

8)

This relies on a setting in IE. Specifically (with IE7), Internet Options -> Advanced -> Browsing -> Enable FTP folder view (outside of Internet Explorer).

Thanks ROVER for

Shell ListView Demo, With File Icons

FTP Explorer

File Manager - Good Autoit example

Problems with File manager

Problem is that those examples are way to complex and long for such simple thing.

Ill have to look for some UDF that can create it with few lines of code. (maybe not possible now but other languages do it in just a few lines.)

u may not need to use shell list view.

just the regular list view control would do the job, u can just populate the files using _filelisttoarray and use the array to add listviewitems. thats it.

and as i said, if u need the udf on right click menu handling i will post it soon. at the moment i am gonna be busy with other stuff for the next couple of days :-(