debug mode?

i remember right clicking the icon or something in version 2.. and it would show a window with what current line and command the script was running on. is there a way to do this with version 3?

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

Double clicking on the tray icon, used to bring up the debug window in Autoit 2.

With Autoit 3, you should just need to add Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1), then you can read the current line, by passing the mouse, over the tray icon.

i am having some small trouble with it though....

my script uses mouseclicks.. and i cant keep the mouse over the icon at all times.

also, the tooltip dissappears... and the only time i can see what a line is.. is when its sleeping.. not very useful.

if it can be in any way made to be like the "autoit window info" window, that would be awesome. otherwise.. any other suggestions?

Valik Note Added 19 October 2006 - 08:38 AMAdded to warn level I just plain don't like you.

ok i installed scite.. how do i use trace?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While you have your script open. Go into Tools of Scite. You should see Debug: Add traces Lines. Click on it. It will add the lines to your script. Now you should be able to run the script, and the output pane will show the lines, as they are executed.

Remove the Trace Lines when done.

what output pane..

ok, i got the lines inbetween everyline. some huge consolewrite command....

turned my 10kb script into 98kb

now, where do i see the lines executing? or is it logged somewhere? or is it realtime.

i saved the changes.. closed it and ran the script..

i dont see any window pop up. am i supposed to open it up first manually somewhere?

edit: i think its debug to console right?

Edited by t0ddie

ok thats what i was doing.. and it shows great, for about 1 second.. then scite closes, but my script continues to run

nope, they dont click till after the scite window dissappears. and i even tried making the scite window skinny.. anbd moving it all the way to the bottom of the screen.

actually, its cause of opt wintitlematchmode 2, i have it close the folder its in when i start the script.

and the file has the folder name in it.

no wonder it was closing that, and not the folder heh....

i think the only way i can get around this.. is to change the name of the folder during execution from

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\folder

to some other name

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\adifferentnamesoidontclose

seems ridiculous to me, but now that i wrote that entire thing, i dont want to erase it. and it just occured to me i can move the script from that folder to the desktop.

now. get me a beer and write all my code for me

• 7 years later...

While you have your script open. Go into Tools of Scite. You should see Debug: Add traces Lines. Click on it. It will add the lines to your script. Now you should be able to run the script, and the output pane will show the lines, as they are executed.

Remove the Trace Lines when done.

Hello,

I am in need of some help.

I followed this post, and I still cannot see commands in the script that are being executed in the output pane.

I have attached my script editor window and available options under 'Tools' menu.

I Appreciate all your help.

Thanks

lawsofnature

debug autoit.bmp

Edited by lawsofnature

First things first, please don't post in an 8 year old thread, there's no point in doing that.

Second, you need to download and install the full version of Scite4AutoIt3 to be able to use the tools mentioned.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator