Unknown gui type.

I plan to use autoit to connect to a chat and display what is being said as it is being said. Can someone tell me what type of gui i should use?

I'm not sure how i'm connecting just yet either...

So yeah..

Hi PersonoidxX and welcome to the AutoIt forums.

You really need to learn a bit about AutoIt first. There is an excellent help which has good explanations and examples for you to play with, and there are other places to help you learn like here which is a good place to start. The forum also has good searching facilities so you can find answers to most questions very easily.

Post code that you have trouble with and you will almost certainly get help quickly.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

OR... like how i learned how to use GUI's i guess and checked for the styles i wanted... pretty much everything is possible with autoit's GUI interfaces they are so customizable... but for someone new to autoit i would recomend KODA untill you understand the basics

No offense, but New to these forums doesn't make me new to autoit. I can build a gui fine i just want to know what kind of gui was used to do this.

I've been using autoit for several months and this isn't my first program...

No offense, but New to these forums doesn't make me new to autoit. I can build a gui fine i just want to know what kind of gui was used to do this.

I've been using autoit for several months and this isn't my first program...

No offense taken, but your first post tells us that you are new to programming.

The design of the gui is concerned with user interaction and depends on what you want the user to see or modify and control. Many of the capabilities of a script, such as your wish to communicatewith another PC, are determined by code which is not related to the gui interface. So your question about what sort of gui is needed makes no sense to me I'm afraid, and there is no way to answer it in the same way that there is no answer to the question "I want to write a novel so what sort of cover do I need?", and I think my initial reply to you was well judged.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

No offense taken, but your first post tells us that you are new to programming.

The design of the gui is concerned with user interaction and depends on what you want the user to see or modify and control. Many of the capabilities of a script, such as your wish to communicatewith another PC, are determined by code which is not related to the gui interface. So your question about what sort of gui is needed makes no sense to me I'm afraid, and there is no way to answer it in the same way that there is no answer to the question "I want to write a novel so what sort of cover do I need?", and I think my initial reply to you was well judged.

Yes, true. I wanted something that could update as events happened.

I asked the original maker and he said "It's just an edit box."

So i created the gui. And will use "GuiCtrlSetData($EditBox1, $Data)

Now my only problem is that i can't remove the border from the edit box.

I checked the help file and found nothing...