remote sending of key presses.

Hi, I've found the ispressed udf's, which is all well and good. They can notify when I press any key, now I need my program to send the key through tcpip to my server and send them on the remote machine...

Is their any way at all to do that? The return in both the ispressed udf's only have 1 or 0 which doesn't help much, could I tweak it somehow to return the actual key being pressed?

Thanks.

Lol. Okay

What i'm doing is making a minny remote controll application.

With a client server setup.

My client will hit a hotkey, and then it will check for all key presses being done on the client computer, and send them to the server via tcp IP, the server will then use the send function to send the key presses on the server.

I will have a speak engine to speak out window changes and other changes on the server which will be sent back to the client and will be spoken by the client.

The issue is getting the key that has been pressed. My script can tell that a key is pressed, but it needs to know what it is to be able to send it via tcp to the remote server.

• Developers

I am still lost on the purpose of all this and see that this is the third time you open a new thread on the same subject.

So what is the purpose of all this and what have you done thus far with the suggestions provided?

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

The purpose of the program is.

It's a program for my network, that is going to be put on the computers that I want to control with my laptop.

I'm going to be able to send c ommands to the computers with my laptop via tcp ip.

I can do that easily.

The part that I need help on is, I want to be able to control the other computers with key presses, so type on my laptop and have it send the strings via tcpip and they'll be pressed on the other computers.

Since i'm blind I can't use the normal remote controll apps out there.

With a speak library that I have, I'm going to send information back to my laptop, such as edit control changes, window title changes, menu item changes to be spoken out by my screen reader.

The part that is confusing me is how to get the key that I have just pressed.

I downloeded the IsPressedEx script which totally knows when a key has been pressed, but it will not return what key has been pressed for me to use on the server.

Hope that makes sense?

Thanks.

Humanity.

That would work, but would require that users new all the codes for send.

Pluss if I wanted to send a string like alt tab alt tab ect, it's workable but clumsy, is their some sort of keyboard hook to return the key and send it that way?

Is their a way to incorperate vb into autoit? I could make the keyboard part of it in vb, and then make it send the keys to the server in strings and have the server handle this with the autoit send function on the other end.

The other way I was thinking was putting all the keys in an array, and making the ispressed function check through that array, until I realized that would not work for multiple key combinations. So Any ideas?

I know I could just send strings of keyboard information through with an inputbox, but it would be cooler, and would provide more of a propper feel if I were able to type on the main computer and have it pass things through.

Thanks.

Humanity.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, this could be used as black hat, but so could any tcp ip connection.

VNC does not work with screen readers as it is graphical. All the other remote control applications for blindies are not free solutions.

What is wrong with grabbing my keyboard input and sending it to a computer on my network?

If I were to release it to the public, of course i'd incorperate the ability to refuse.

I know how to grab input from a keyboard with VB And as stated may use both languages together since I don't know enough c sharp.

The program is designed to speak information that is happening on the other computer back to the main client.

If it were black hat, i'd decide to write a key logger and make it send email to me, or possibly infect them with a decent trogen that would send statistics and files back.

This application would work both in a network situation and an internet based. The network will be prefferable as i'll allow file copying ect.

Also is their a way to stream sound with autoit from one computer to the other?

Thanks.