need help

i have tried scripts with:

If WinActive("http://Yahoo.com") Then

MsgBox(0, "yahoo" "you are on yahoo!")

i was expermenting with this, and wondering why it isnt working... nothing much jus testing the basics :D

i havent made exactly that, but the certain page is open when i run the script(the macro is running to do it over and over), and the message box does not appear. there is error pop up, etc.. just basically skips the message box and ends the script.. may i get help?

if i missed this in the sticky, my bad

Looks like you are dealing with a browser window. Have a look at the IE library. The title of the window much match with what you send to WinActive.

Post your code because code says more then your words can. SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y. Use Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)[topic="84960"]Brett F's Learning To Script with AutoIt V3[/topic][topic="21048"]Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... is now in Session[/topic]Contribution: [topic="87994"]Get SVN Rev Number[/topic], [topic="93527"]Control Handle under mouse[/topic], [topic="91966"]A Presentation using AutoIt[/topic], [topic="112756"]Log ConsoleWrite output in Scite[/topic]

Looks like you are dealing with a browser window. Have a look at the IE library. The title of the window much match with what you send to WinActive.

im actually new to this.. IE library? and i have the exact name of the website.

WinActive() checks the Title of Active window your working with. "http://Yahoo.com" is the web address, not the title. The Title is probably something like "Yahoo! - Windows Internet Explorer". It should be in the top left of the explorer.

While 1
    If WinActive("Yahoo! - Windows Internet Explorer") Then
        MsgBox(0, "yahoo", "you are on yahoo!")
        Exit
    EndIf
    Sleep(100)
WEnd