Assign script to a Function Key?

This may be a little off topic - but it would make Autoit much more useful to me.

How can I assign a script to run each time I press a function key. If possible I'd like it there al the time, but if it only works when I'm in a certaim application that would be OK.

So for example I hit F9 and a script runs to do something really mundane that I need to do 20 times a day -

Thanks!

This may be a little off topic - but it would make Autoit much more useful to me.

How can I assign a script to run each time I press a function key.  If possible I'd like it there al the time, but if it only works when I'm in a certaim application that would be OK.

So for example I hit F9 and a script runs to do something really mundane that I need to do 20 times a day -

Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, this is possible. See HotKeySet in the help file. Then construct an endless loop, with a small Sleep period, to keep the hot key(s) active.

Phillip

You could create a start menu or desktop shortcut to your script. Right-click the shortcut, choose Properties, and assign a hotkey. (You can use any function key except F1, by the way)

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

You could create a start menu or desktop shortcut to your script.  Right-click the shortcut, choose Properties, and assign a hotkey.  (You can use any function key except F1, by the way)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well execpt F1 and F3, F1 goes Help, and F3 goes search.

In Xp that is. Not sure with 2k >

@flippertie

With CyberSlug's way the script don't have run in the back with a sleep command.

It only runs when you hit the Hot Key, and then ends when the function is over.