Windows Service Question

This might not be a AutoIt question but more of a Windows guru question. Why is it when I run my app as a service with the ability to interact with the desktop and with a tray icon that when I log off the logged on user the service exe then exits and stops running?

Is there anyway to stop this from happening? Everything seems to work fine when I let the executables run as a service without desktop interaction.

This might not be a AutoIt question but more of a Windows guru question. Why is it when I run my app as a service with the ability to interact with the desktop and with a tray icon that when I log off the logged on user the service exe then exits and stops running?

Is there anyway to stop this from happening? Everything seems to work fine when I let the executables run as a service without desktop interaction.

Hi,

i guess, you are running your app as a service with your own credentials.

Try to start the service with LocalSystem account with desktop interaction.

;-))

Stefan

Edited by 99ojo

Nope it is running under the system account. Probably should have mentioned that as well.

Hi,

o.k: Next guesses:

1 st guess: I think its a problem with the tray icon. If the tray icon isn't necessarily needed, you may compile your exe again with option NoTrayIcon and see whats happening.

2 nd guess: If your exe dont have to run always, start your exe when someone is logging on: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Keep in your mind that the exe is then running under user credentials.

;-))

Stefan

Hi,

o.k: Next guesses:

1 st guess: I think its a problem with the tray icon. If the tray icon isn't necessarily needed, you may compile your exe again with option NoTrayIcon and see whats happening.

2 nd guess: If your exe dont have to run always, start your exe when someone is logging on: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. Keep in your mind that the exe is then running under user credentials.

;-))

Stefan

Yes but I want the tray icon to be visible and I want it to run as a service. I'm not sure its entirely the icon's fault either. I have had other autoit programs run that had desktop interaction set and had no tray icon and they did the same things.